Different List view for different groups

Hi,

I am working for the University and I have this specific requirement.

I have one Examination form for students (public) to fill. Once student fills the form, then he should be able to view only his form by just entering the mobile number.

Then I have admin who should be able to filter the list on different parameters like age, name, sex, email, nationality etc.

So. particularly I need two different view: 1. where student can just view their own record by entering mobile and 2. where admin can view all records and also be able to filter them.

How can this be achieved?

Regards

The admin view could be done by copying the List (which creates a new set of list/form/groups/elements based on the same underlying table), setting that up how you want it, and providing a menu item visible only to admins.

For the "view their own record by entering mobile", that's a little tougher. My first question is, why "public"? Relying on a phone number to provide your user security isn't really very secure, as phone numbers are by definition public knowledge. Why not require students to have a J! account?

-- hugh

I want students to see their own records by entering mobile number. Say, for e.g. if I generate some unique form number for each student then how can we achieve having student to see their own record by entering their form number.

I have been using email and receipt plugin for the Form as I want student to receive email whenever there is a new form submitted or any modification is submitted in the form. For some reason email plugin is not working, receipt is working fine.

When in Email To, I enter 'my@email.com:University Name' again I get error when form submitted as Invalid address: 'my@email.com:University Name'

I am using latest copy from github. fabrik-build343

Amit

Sorry, there is few more query.

I have student image which I am getting in tabular form in email. But when I use {tablename_image) it gets the image full size. How can I set its max-width to 180px or so.

I also want pdf to be attached to the email sent. How can that be achieved by own pdf layout

I have been using email and receipt plugin for the Form as I want student to receive email whenever there is a new form submitted or any modification is submitted in the form. For some reason email plugin is not working, receipt is working fine.

When in Email To, I enter 'my@email.com:University Name' again I get error when form submitted as Invalid address: 'my@email.com:University Name'

I am using latest copy from github. fabrik-build343

Amit

See the tooltips in the plugin or http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/email-form-plugin/
Email to - A comma separated list of email addresses to which the form's data will be sent. Dynamically include form data by entering {tablename___elementname}. Make sure that the placeholder contains a valid email address, depending on element type and settings you may have to use {table___element_raw}. 'Friendly names' are not supported (Fabrik3.4.3).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back