Do you planned elements/plugins/... to allow create forms to manage Schedule from the front-end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I discuss in the thread
I need a form to manage some parameter of Scheduled tasks from front-end.

This to avoid that people have to do it in back-end using a Superuser account: I am worried about this when I stop my job for Lavoro over 40.

I need a Fabrik form to:
- modify only some parameters:
all Schedule: label, frequency, unit, status (only Published/Unpublished)​
email Plug-in: subject, message​
- show (as read-only) only some other parameters
plugin, last run
So, people with appropriate permissions can manage it.

I have just create a form for standard emails sent when something happens (new registrations, ...); so it is easy modify subject, text, recipients, ... without modify PHP.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how explain better and I am not able to suggest/ask you.

As you can see in attached screenshot, I built the form (I think that there is nothing dangerous in the form; isn't it?), but I am not able to prepare the field params (JSON encoded, as troester wrote) to save the record into the database.
So, I need only how decode and encode params as JSON (I tried using json_encode(), but it didn't work) or the whole MySQL statement or a plugin or ...

Attachments

• Schedule.png
    Schedule.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 116
We really can't help you with this. We just don't support modifying core Fabrik tables through front end forms. If someone has sufficient PHP skills to do it, then they are welcome to do it. But if you don't have those skills, you shouldn't be trying to do it. And it's not something we can provide coding support for. It's just too dangerous. For instance, in this case I can see several ways someone could inject malicious PHP to be run on the server, which is why we don't allow any front end access to things like form / element / cron / list params. Also, if anyone ever added a second email cron plugin, everything would break.

I think you would be much better off using the PHP cron plugin, which pulls data from a separate table for the variables, and code it up safely. You can "borrow" the actual email sending code from the email plugin, it's only a few simple lines.

-- hugh

Or you could create a restricted backend account which only has access to the Fabrik settings.

There is a reason these things are done on the backend, and there is no front end interface for doing them.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back