does fabrik support innodb?

skyrun

i changed some tables on a fabrik v2 app from myisam to innodb and saw some weird behaviour of related items linking to the wrong ones. so i switched back and all is ok (no support for f2 on j!1.15 i understand).

does v3 of fabrik support innodb? any limitations on it's use for all tables?

(my sysops guy tells me if i can get to all innodb, then i can do point in time recovery on RDS on AWS... and one should always keep those infrastructure guys happy).

Nope.

The reason being that Fabrik essentially handles it's own foreign key constraints, which kind of conflict with the way Innodb enforces them.

-- hugh

ok. that's too bad since i think joomla may be innodb now.
is there any specific table that needs to remain myisam? fabrik_joins for example? my very limited testing is that the user tables that support lists are ok in innodb, but the fabrik internal jos_fabrik tables need to be myisam.

Joomla tables are InnoDB.
All Fabrik core tables #_fabrik_xy and also all tables generated automatically by Fabrik (xx_repeat_yy) are InnoDB, too.

So I don't understand why it should be a problem with InnoDB data tables (as long as you don't add FK constraints which may conflict with Fabrik's own FK handling)

i don't think i have changed any FK constraints (pretty sure i don't know how...)

perhaps i misunderstood hugh's response. i thought 'nope' meant that fabrik did not support innodb. sounds like you're saying it does as long as you don't mess with FK constraints

any such 'messing' would have to be done on the db directly right? through mysql cli or phpmyadmin etc and not through a fabrik yes/no choice on the element or list.

i thought 'nope' meant that fabrik did not support innodb.
That's what I thought, too.
I don't want to contradict Hugh, he is responsible...;)

i changed some tables on a fabrik v2 app from myisam to innodb and saw some weird behaviour of related items linking to the wrong ones. so i switched back and all is ok (no support for f2 on j!1.15 i understand).
This sounds a bit scary. But I just tried and can't see a difference between the table content.
Are you sure you didn't activate/check/enable (whatever) some action for re-creating the primary key?

Sorry, was replying from my phone late at night.

We don't support InnoDB FK constraints. Fabrik will work with simple InnoDB tables.

It's just reflex to say we don't, as that question usually comes from people who have designed and built a database with some kind of workbench, which has created Innodb with FK constraints.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back