DON'T modify 2 records in list

Hello,
I attach an image, trying to explain the doubts better.

when I modify the data of a list ... I want 2 fields (the dates) can not be modified and only be displayed.
Hello,
I attach an image, trying to explain the doubts better.

When I modify the data of a list ... I want 2 fields (the dates) can not be modified and only be displayed.

thanks again and good night!
I hope to have explained ... thanks
Alberto

Attachments

• not_modify_dates.jpg
    not_modify_dates.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 77
Yes - you need to set the Access for Form(edit) for the two dates fields to a View Access Level that the user is not a member of e.g. if you want no one to be able to change it, set it to None.

Hello again and good morning,
The idea is good ... but it's not what I need.
Think that there is only one Super User user.
When the superuser enters the form "create tab" form there, you can initially enter dates.
But if you then make a query from Menu / list ... and want to modify data ...
You can modify the data, except for the 2 date fields. That is, I want the date fields can not be modified, either the user superuser, registred or public.
Maybe, what I'm asking, be a little complicated ...
Thanks again?:)

No - it is simple. Create a Joomla View Access Level of "None" with no groups assigned.

For the date elements, set Form (Edit) access to None.

Job done.

hello!!!
brilliant idea !!!!:):):)
It's perfect ... but I have a small problem ...
I would need to be able to visualize the element.
Would it be possible in some way?
attached image.

thank you again !!

Attachments

• the data is not displayed.jpg
    the data is not displayed.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 38
Insufficient detail to be able to answer this.

I would expect the field to either show or not show, not to give a "the data is not displayed" message. Indeed, I have no idea where "the data is not displayed" message comes from as I am not able to find this string in Fabrik anywhere. (It might be an issue of a date field not displaying properly read-only, but you are giving insufficient detail.)

oppsss... sorry...
It is a text that I have added to the image.
I need that you can visualize the content of the field ...
with the "none" option is blank ...
the empty field is displayed, and I need to see the field value
and that can not be modified.
thanks!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• the data is not displayed2.jpg
    the data is not displayed2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 31
I am sorry - but I cannot help you if you send screen shots which are not of the actual screen. And I need full details of how you have configured the element.

And yes, I already understand that you want to see the field value - telling me that again whilst failing to give me the information I do need is just wasting my time.

I am sorry - but I cannot help you if you send screen shots which are not of the actual screen. And I need full details of how you have configured the element.

And yes, I already understand that you want to see the field value - telling me that again whilst failing to give me the information I do need is just wasting my time.

Hello,
attached image with real screens.
If you need any more information, tell me and add it to the thread of the forum.
Thanks for your understanding and time.
alberto!

Attachments

• fabrik forum noneOK.doc
    285.5 KB · Views: 19
Please screeshots (e.g. jpg) directly into the post, nothing we have to download and open.

You have not shared your definition of "none" (which is a View Access Level and not a Group"), but I think your definitions are correct - so it might be an issue with the Date element not displaying r/o.

You have not shared your definition of "none" (which is a View Access Level and not a Group"), but I think your definitions are correct - so it might be an issue with the Date element not displaying r/o.
Hello,
Attached image of levels of users and groups ... to see if there is something that I have done incorrectly.
Do you need any more data?
which means ... not displaying r / o. ??

THANKS!
alberto

Attachments

• nivelaccesusers.jpg
    nivelaccesusers.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 79
  • nivelacces.jpg
    nivelacces.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 73
  • grupousers.jpg
    grupousers.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 33
No - the definition of VAL for None is fine.

What I mean is that every element has two ways of displaying data in a form / details view:

Read/write - so you can change it
Read only - so it is displayed but cannot be changed.

You appear to have set this correctly to display read-only in a form view, but it isn't doing so - so this may be because a bug in the Date element isn't displaying it correctly.

I don't have time to look at this myself.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back