"Download No Such File" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkreign

Hello, I am having a weird error with regards to the file downloads. I have the same fileupload element in 3 various places:

1) A Files List
2) A Files Detail Page (shows additional fields)
3) Company Page, in a group joined to the Files table.

However, the download only works from the joined group of the Company page, but not from the list or from the detail page

Here are the download links:
(all starting with index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=plugin.pluginAjax&plugin=fileupload&method=ajax_download&format=raw....)
1) File List: ...&element_id=426&formid=41&rowid=26&repeatcount=0
2) Detail page: ...&element_id=426&formid=41&rowid=26&repeatcount=0
3) Joined Group: ...&element_id=440&formid=2&rowid=28&repeatcount=0

The IDs all do seem correct as the forms list table ID is 41, the Company list table ID is 2, the file ID is 26 and the company ID is 2, so I don't know why I am getting the error. I compared the element in the File list to its counterpart in the Joined group and all the parameters are the same.

I'm not sure if it's related to the fix that was done in response to my previous thread:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...cript-issue-in-repeatable-joined-group.40926/

Its just odd that it works in the joined group but not from the list or detail page itself...I would have expected the opposite if there was an issue. Anyhow, any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!
Karim

What is the "weird error"?

In my testing, both the list and detail view work, for an upload in a repeat group:

http://screencast.com/t/XZPhHYCN

I don't think those changes I made would be affecting anything, as they only affect when you save the form and we figure out the path for newly uploaded files. Once the file is uploaded, that path is recorded as the element data (a relative path to the file, without placeholders, i.e. the result of the replacement we do during upload). So displaying or downloading ust uses the path recorded as the element's data, no placeholders involved.

-- hugh

Oh, sorry, just saw the Subject.

So is that "DOWNLOAD NO SUCH FILE" in all caps?

If so, that's a weird place in the code to error out, as theoretically it's after we've loaded up the file content, and we're just calling getFileInfo() to get some info about the file for the download header (size, MIME type, etc). And we use the same $filepath for both things.

I've added some additional info to that warning msg, which will show the actual filepath being used. For security purposes, the extra info will only show if you have Fabrik debug mode enabled and set to 2 (the JS setting).

-- hugh

Sorry, the error was the thread name...

"Download No Such File"

...which occurs when I try downloading the file from the Files list view or detail view.

Thanks for verifying its working on your end. I guess I'll delete the element and try again.

lol missed your last reply before I sent mine..anyhow, thanks for the debugging. I updated and used Debug JS and now I get a different error with a little more information:

There was an error accessing the requested file (path: /home/******/public_html/)

(replaced account name with ***)

The fileupload entry in the database seems correct as
/files/drugaccess/files/form....pdf and works if I paste into browser address bar directly, but doesn't seem to be added to the server path when I click the download script button.

I deleted the element from all 3 groups, deleted the table column, then recreated the fileupload field, but I still have the exact same problem, i.e. I get this error when trying to download from the Files list or in detail view. Do you have any other suggestions I can try?

Karim

I tried both. With the Ajax upload enabled I was getting blank white pages when accessing any records where the Ajax upload was used to upload a file =( So I went back to the simple fileupload. The site is password protected. I've put the login info in my site profile and the link is http://odano.ca/index.php/members/files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back