Edit form entries

rosemeyer2

Hi,

is it possible for users to edit their form entries? I want to set up an application where users have to put in some figures on a monthly base. So users should be able to revise their entries, also for other month. The figures should only be visible to the user and the admin.

The admin should get some dashboard, where sums from the users entries.

Is this possible with fabrik?

Best regards,
Rudolf

How would that work, especially listing all entries a user made in a tabular view, picking one for editing? I will use Joomla 1.5. so I am thinking about Fabrik 2.0.

Just asking to be sure, before spending the subscription fee. By the way is the documentation updated for 2.0 already?

Regards,

Rudolf

Nope, no docs for 2.0, although a lot of the 1.0 docs apply to 2.0, and will at least give you a good overview of how Fabrik works in general.

Note that 2.0 is still under development, and has bugs. We hope to have a ZIP posted soon which will at least have a solid set of core features, enough to do what you need.

The way it works is, when you create the form, you add a 'username' element, which is a hidden form element that fills in the currently logged in users id.

Then you put a 'pre-filter' on the table which restricts users so they can only see records where the saved userid in the row is the same as their logged on userid when they view the table. You can also set an access level for the filter, so (for instance) Administrators can see all the records, but everyone below that level gets filtered.

Each row of the table can also have a 'view' and/or 'edit' link which will open the form view for that row (in either read-only or ediable mode), depending on access levels and other options.

My best suggestion is you wait a couple of days until we get 2.0b3 out, and give it a go. If you really want to get going now, load the 2.0b2 ZIP, but then you'll need to upgrade to the latest SVN (see my sig for details).

-- hugh

How can I show a list to the user? I just have found out how to make a form, but didn't see where the entries go then.

Make a menu link in Joomla as you would for any other component link. Presumably put it on the User menu, if this is for logged in users only.

Select the Fabrik component from the list J! gives you, then select Form or Table as appropriate, then set the parameters as required - just selecting the required form/table is all you need to do, don't worry about the other parameters.

-- hugh

I downloaded the svn trunk and installed it instead of 2.0b2 (comes as b3 now). There is no "Link to Menu" link anymore in forms menu (was there in b2), is this a planned thing, how would I link to the form now?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back