Editing the Custom Joomla Registration Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

robjen

Hello Hugh,

Friendly reminder - deleted the old post and have 'bumped' the post (I hope I have done it correctly, haven't used forums before).

The form was constructed using Tessa Mero's excellent tutorial at http://www.ostraining.com/blog/jooml...stration-form/

Probably the easiest way for you to see what I'm doing is to give you a couple of screen-shots to look at.

The first is the settings used in the register form.

The second image is the Register Form menu settings. That was the only place I could find the rowid you mentioned in your response.

Hopefully, the images will show you what I'm doing wrong.

Regards,
robjen

Attachments

• form-settings.jpg
    form-settings.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 408
  • menu-settings.jpg
    menu-settings.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 431
But I still have no idea what the issue is with your form.

What problem are you trying to solve?

-- hugh

Problem with custom Registration form

Hello Hugh,

I created a custom Joomla Registration form.

The problem is that when a user wants to Edit his profile only the standard core Joomla fields - name, username, password and email are available for editing. None of the custom fields are visible.

How do I make the custom fields visible so that they can be edited by the user.

Regards,
Robin

With the element's default settings all elements are shown in the form and editable.
Which custom elements did you add to your list?
What are their access settings?
Did you set to "Hidden"?

Are you looking to have the links in the standard Joomla registration form and/or module go to your Fabrik form? In that case you will need to override those links in your template.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your assistance. I have purchased a component that enabled me to create the form I needed.

I still like Fabrik very much and will come back to it later when more tutorials and hopefully, downloadable examples are available.

Regards,
robjen

Just FYI, I added something in Wiki under the jform page, on how to override J!'s standard registration form links.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back