Element Dropdown

clawcorp

After updating from 3.9.2 to 3.10, I noted that dropdown lists were no longer displaying the label values correctly. This appears related to a change in list.php @ addLabel where the method call to getFullName changed parameters from (false,true(,ignored parameter)) to (true,true). This change forced labels to be translated to value and later on in elementlist->renderListData as the wrong key was being looked up, which I believe then defaults to the list's default key/value.

My current fix is to go back to 3.9.2:

$col = $elementModel->getFullName(false, true);

to reverse March 26, 2021 commit (commit: 3180d58ef2778590fcac2d9990f8f8309ad8128d)

Any suggestions otherwise appreciated. Thank you.

I can't replicate.
What are your exact element setting?
What is exactly showing/not showing where?

I created a new list/form with one element (aside from default date_time and id). For the drop down element, I believe all the settings are default except values defined as follows:

Value -> Label:
1 -> Default (Default sub option)
2 -> 1
3 -> 3

Only this dropdown is "Show in List" selected. So, if go to List and create a new row and select "1" (which should have a value of 2 in the database, which it does) when I return to the listing I see "Default" If I edit the row, I see the correct "1" label.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

ok, replicatable.
But only in the backend and only if you have a dropdown label = a value of an other dropdown entry ("1" in your example)
Can you confirm this behaviour?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back