Element: User Plugin not displaying "User Data" Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

karilint

Hi,
I "Updated from GitHub".

For a Element I use the User Plugin and want to display Name as the "User Data", Update on edit = Yes, Hidden = No.

Result:
On a list I can see the Element with the user id, not the Name.
In Details/Edit there is no User shown.

What did I do wrong?

-Kari

Can you confirm you definitely have the file referenced in that commit on your server, and the content agrees with github?

-- hugh

// This is what I have

<?php
defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

$d = $displayData;

echo JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $d->options, $d->name, $d->attributes, 'value', 'text', $d->default, $d->id);

// This is from Git Hub
<?php
defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;
$d = $displayData;
echo JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $d->options, $d->name, $d->attributes, 'value', 'text', $d->default, $d->id);

Seems the same to me.

- My application is in a subdomain which has a second Joomla installed. For that installation I updated from GitHUb (and just a second ago to the main one too).
- The application uses different database connection for the data which is usually displayed.
- But generally the User Plugin seems to work as it is able to save the user id in the (different) database

-Kari

Hugh,

you are right. My main data is using different connection. I tested the User Plugin in a connection where the J! tables are and it is working just fine.
Solution: I moved all my tables into the same database where all J! tables are, edited the list connection keys manually to the fabrik_lists table and one-by-one changed the connections to all databasejoin elements.

Thank you for the help,
-Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back