EMail Article plugins dont run after upgrade to J3.8.2

p38

Hi All,

After upgrading to J3.8.2 and latest Fabrik github, I have noticed the RegularLabs sourcer plugin does not run anymore when using an Article in the email plugin.

The same plugin works fine when using the article normally.

It is only when I use it in a form email plugin that it does not run.

It worked perfectly when I had Joomla 3.6

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Paul

Thanks Hugh, as mentioned this was working perfectly before upgrade.

I see it has been deactivated in the plugin, so I guess this is the reason.

Does this mean this setting in all my other email plugins (in over 30 forms) have also been lost?

Is it possible that this was never implemented in previous Fabrik versions, and only used the Form setting for content plugins?

I cant see why it should lose the settings.

Granted, I did upgrade the fabrik from 3.6 to 3.7 at the same time, but surely the setting would not be lost?

Paul

This option was added 3 years ago (should be there since Fabrik3.3).

The option was set to YES in your Fabrik3.6 and switched to NO after the update?
And you did a GitHub update (which only modifies files), no Joomla update? (I can't see how this should change a setting coming from DB)

And setting it to YES again solves the problem?

(I don't have a Fabrik3.6 test site)

Hi troester, 100% correct.

I also agree the settings should not be changed.

The only thing I can think of is that the plugin script somehow was not updated with the rest of fabrik during one of the updates, resulting in an older plugin without the new option added.

I have some more sites of similar versions to upgrade, so I will monitor this and see if there is a pattern.

Thanks gents for pointing me directly at the spot, it saved me oodles of debugging time, much appreciated.

The setting wouldn't have changed. It's all in the same JSON string in the 'params' field in the #__fabrik_forms table row with all the other settings, no conceivable way one setting would get lost while the others didn't. So yes, most likely that you never upgraded the email plugin from pre 3.6.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back