Empty data tables -- aaaargghhh this is so frustrating!

jomaco1

After freaking HOURS of messing with this I am at my wit's end.

I'm using ver. 2.0.x on a 1.5 site and love the way I can filter a table with the tablebot.

Apparently with ver. 1.0.x, the only way to show a filtered table is to create the table using a pre-filter, then to show the same table with another filter, the table must be copied and a new filter applied. Both the tablebot and the module only allow for a table ID, which means I must use a separate table for each filtered view. Grrrrrrr.

After way too many hours trying to set up some 15 tables, I wasn't able to get the data to display in the correct order in a handful of the tables, even though it was working perfectly in the other tables. I decided to delete the 4 tables that weren't working -- BEING VERY CAREFUL not to delete the forms and elements -- however, now the data isn't showing up in any of the other tables...even though the data tab in the table setup shows that the table is connected to the database. When the table is displayed, it shows the correct number of rows and columns, complete with column headings....but NO data.

I don't have umpteen more hours to put into this and start all over again! Is there another way to go about this that I have missed?

The page is here: http://www.sailorsoccer.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=205&Itemid=185&catid=63

The Fabrik tables start with the U10 teams.

I'm a little confused - is this a Fabrik 1.0 or 2.0 site? You post above starts out talking about 2.0, but then seems to describe a 1.0 problem?

-- hugh

The problem I'm having is with 1.0.x. I mentioned 2.0.x for comparison...illustrating that in the newer version I would be able to easily accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Yeah, that's kinda why we wrote 2.0. :)

I won't be able to tell anything from the front end. You'll need to PM me a superadmin login for your J! backend, and (very probably) Cpanel access (or whatever) so I can look at the content of the underlying table.

-- hugh

Any word? The season is already under way and I need to get the schedules posted and an email notice sent out. If these tables aren't salvageable, I need to get started building new tables.

I'm trying to work on your site, but I can't edit your Fabrik files to put in debug code. I installed exTplorer, but it can't modify files because of ownership issues.

Can you PM me an ftp account that has permission to write/edit files in ./components/com_fabrik ?

Something else I noticed is that you aren't running the latest and greatest code - the table code I'm working on has about a 30 line difference between your code and the latest, so there's been some sizeable changes since you last updated. I can't promise it'll fix your problem, but you might want to update to the latest SVN code. If you want, I can do that once I have an ftp account. I'd rename your existing com_fabrik and upload a new version, so we could switch back if the latest code caused any problems.

-- hugh

Thanks...PM sent.

Am I right in assuming that tables can not be filtered with the tablebot in the 1.0.x version?

Looking at the most recent 1.0.6 code from SVN, yes you can apply filters in the tablebot. I just checked your tablebot, and again, it is somewhat out of date. So on your version, you can't.

I will do my best to get you updated to the latest SVN today. If it doesn't happen today (my sister just arrived in town and I haven't seen her for a couple of years), I'll get to it over the weekend.

-- hugh

Looking at the most recent 1.0.6 code from SVN, yes you can apply filters in the tablebot. I just checked your tablebot, and again, it is somewhat out of date. So on your version, you can't.

I will do my best to get you updated to the latest SVN today. If it doesn't happen today (my sister just arrived in town and I haven't seen her for a couple of years), I'll get to it over the weekend.

-- hugh
No worries...the fact that the latest tablebot allows for filtering is really the only solution I need...and would have solved things for me two days ago. ;)

Thank you for that helpful tidbit of information.

On further review, the download for the 1.0.6 version of the tablebot actually contains the 1.0.5 version. That would be why it's not up to date.

And my dilemma is completely solved simply by updating the tablebot. I had to pull it from the SVN, since as I pointed out, the front-end download (even though it says 1.0.6) contains the 1.0.5 tablebot.

Thanks for your help.

OK, so data is now showing properly in your tables, you are a Happy Camper, and I can close this thread?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back