error 1267 with joomla 3.5 update

For the record. Upgraded and all seems fine. Just one small issue, which is not a Fabrik issue. When sending mail via SMTP, the new PHPMailer library does not work with PHP 5.6, had to downgrade one specific account using SMTP to send mail to PHP 5.5, temporarily.

Hugh, thank you for your quick work to upgrade fabrik to support new Joomla 3.5 version.
I had a lot of problems with files from github, but after update through Joomla to version 3.4.3 issues that I had found no longer exist.
I hope there are not many other bugs.

Just don't do a github update.

The 3.4.3 release is a branch of github from about March 7th, before we merge some changes to our modal code, and made a lot of sweeping changes to how our JavaScript is loaded, as part of our migration away from Mootools and towards jQuery.

Github is going to have some issues for a while, we're working as hard as we can on it, but it'll take time to get all the wrinkles ironed out.

So just stick on 3.4.3.

-- hugh

Hugh, you're saying don't do a Github update?

the world is not as it appears - from tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes. If you had problems with github prior to doing the 3.4.3 update, that's because the 3.4.3 update was built on a branch I created dating from March 7th, prior to some rather sweeping changes we made in github.

Basically, github at the moment is not really stable. And the J! 3.5 update caught us by surprise, in that it forced us to do a new release build, after we found a problem which didn't show up in any of our testing with the 3.5 beta and RC builds, but was affecting sites with older versions of MySQL, or non-standard default database collation - basically Joomla changed the collation of all their tables, which wound up breaking a particular query we do which joins to a J! table, but only for some people.

So ... we had to do a build, but I didn't want to do the build from the current github. So I branched github prior to those changes, and did the 3.4.3 build from that - so 3.4.3 is basically github from a couple or three weeks ago, with a few additional changes.

We have fixed a lot of the github issues, which may have fixed your issues, so my advice would be, if you need to use it, use Akeeba, make a clone of your site, update to github, and test. DO NOT update your live site right now.

-- hugh

Oops. Well I updated yesterday on one of my sites. I have not picked up any issues so far. I did find when I accessed Fabrik after the update, for each individual page I loaded (lists, forms, elements), it took a few seconds to load on first opening, but was fine afterwards.

Going to update again now as per my other thread.

If there's any testing I can do to assist, seeing as I am now already down the rabbit hole on a live site, please ask. I'll gladly assist where I can.

Well, if github is working for you that's OK. Just be aware there may be issues, especially if you use popups.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just to double check, I'm using the joomla3 download, correct? Not the build343?

I have two forms that popup from links, but I use the JCE Media box plugin to pop them. Otherwise, my forms redirect to new pages and no popups.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back