Error creating Tab with Joomla 1.0.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

paesa05

Here I am to ask why the version 1.4 with the latest SVN (304) don't let me create (save or apply) to new or old tabs? I want them to interact with com_alberghi but I cannot. Just to say that version 1.3 work more or less and version 1.2 works perfect but then I have a problem to configure the template to appear what I want.

Can somebody try to help me?
Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm using Joomla 1..0.13, Alberghi 2.1.3, Fabrik 1.4 SVN 304 PHP My admin 2.9.1.1 MySQL: 5.0.45-community-log

hi

did you mean tables rather than tabs?
Which browser are you using and what OS? Do you get any javascript errors generated when you try to save the table?
Are you using English as your administration language?

Cheers
Rob

Ciao Rob,

1. yes I meant Tables
2. I used IE 7 and 5
3. I used Vista and Win2000 prof and Win 2000 Server
4. It is just shown, on the bottom of the page: page with errors and when I click on save or apply nothing appen and when I click on filetr it goes up on the page.
5. Of course not. I am using Italian as my admin lenguage. I didn't read any post sayng to use only english as back end lenguage.

Thank you for you help.

If you want to PM me an admin login to your site, I can take a look and see if I can see whats going on.

-- hugh

Of course not. I am using Italian as my admin lenguage. I didn't read any post sayng to use only english as back end lenguage.

Itailan should be fine (I've tested using italian this morning and it doesnt cause errors). I only asked because sometimes missing translations can cause the type of behaviour you are experiencing.

At this time I'm om using 1.2. The only thing I would like to change is the layout of the form (I would like to use the 1.4 one) and I would like to change the mail report sent by the server. Can I send the mail report after that a form is filled also to the compiler? I would like to chenge also the template of the Table but I think this is another issue.

Thank Sandro

I'm afraid I can't help with 1.02. I work strictly on the SVN version of 1.04.

I'd be happy to fix whatever the problem is with saving tables on your site. It's almost certainly a JavaScript conflict.

-- hugh

What about adding extra field in the tables template?

Actually I am using this:

<mos:comment>
@version 4.5.2
@package fabrik
@copyright (C) 2005 Rob Clayburn
@license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
</mos:comment>
<h1>{LABEL}</h1>
<p>{INTRODUCTION}</p>

<form action="{FABRIK_PAGEURL}" method="post" id="fabriktable" name="fabriktable">
<mos:tmpl name="show-add" type="simplecondition" requiredvars="showAdd=1">
<span class="pagenav">
<a href="{ADDRECORDLINK}">Add Listing</a>
</span>
</mos:tmpl>
<mos:tmpl name="show-csv" type="simplecondition" requiredvars="showCSV=1">
<span class="pagenav">
<a href="{CSVLINK}">Export to CVS</a>
</span>

<mos:tmpl name="show-rsslink" type="simplecondition" requiredvars="showRSS=1">
<span class="pagenav">
<a href="{RSSLINK}">Subscribe RSS</a>
</span>

<mos:tmpl name="show-filters" type="simplecondition" requiredvars="showfilters=1">
<table class="filtertable" style="float:right;width:200px;border:1px solid #cccccc;" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">
<tr style="background-color:#cccccc;font-weight:bold;">
<th colspan="2" style="text-align:left">Filtro ricerca:</th>
</tr>
<mos:tmpl name="filters">
<tr>
<td>{NAME}</td>
<td style="text-align:right;">{VALUE}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" style="text-align:right;">
<mos:tmpl name="filter-form" type="simplecondition" requiredvars="filterform=1">
<input type="button" onclick="submitfabrikTable('filter')" class="button" value="Cerca" name="filter" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br style="clear:both;" />
<br />

<mos:tmpl name="named-groups" type="condition" conditionvar="rowcount">
<mos:sub condition="0">
{EMPTY_DATA_MSG}
</mos:sub>
<mos:sub condition="__default">
<table width="100%" style="width:100%;border:2px solid #3399FF;" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" class="mfDataTable">
<tr style="background-color:#cccccc;font-weight:bold;">
<th align="left">Azienda</th>
<th align="left">Comune</th>
<th align="left">Provincia</th>
<th align="left">Scheda </th>
</tr>
<mos:tmpl name="named-rows">
<tr>
<td><mos:var name="jos_alberghi.title" /></td>
<td><mos:var name="jos_alberghi.comune" /></td>
<td><mos:var name="jos_alberghi.provincia" /></td>
<td><a target="_blank" href="/index.php?option=com_alberghi&task=detail&Itemid=&id=<mos:var name="jos_alberghi.id" />">Link</a></td>

</tr>
</table>
</mos:sub>
<div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;">
{FABRIK_DELETEBUTTON}
{FABRIK_PAGENAV}
</div>
<mos:tmpl name="hidden-fields">
<input type="hidden" name="{NAME}" value="{VALUE}" id="{ID}" />
</form>
<mos:comment>
<mos:var name="fabrik_templatevars" />
</mos:comment>

provvided by Alan fiew time ago in a different post, and it works nice, but I would like to add other fields in this.

I would like to add the main immage (in thumbling format) and a part of the text conteined in a field.

Can somebody help me in this?

Sandro

Hy everybody, I added the text cell but it takes all the text from the table element. I would like to have only a part of it. There is a specific command that limit the text shown?

Thanks.

I'm still working to resolv the problem with the picture.

Sandro

To be more clear:

the code to let the picture been shown should be :
Code:
<td> img width="115" src="[url]http://www.blablabla.com/components/com_alberghi/img_thumbnails/imagex.jpg"[/url] height="80" /></td>

How can I tell the template that imagex.jpg is the picture found in the imgthumbname elements of the jos_alberghi table and belong to id x?

Thanks for the help

Unfortunately I still can't help on 1.02 stuff, especially template related questions. In the current version of 1.04, and all future Fabrik development, templates have been switched from using mos:tmpl to being straight PHP templates.

This means that any work you do on templates in 1.02 is digging you deeper into 'legacy mode', where you are investing time and effort in a version of Fabrik which is no longer supported.

I'd be more than happy to help if you want to upgrade to the latest SVN of 1.04.

-- hugh

As I wote early I get an error (errors in the page) when I work in the tables area of Fabrik and I cannot save any changes made with 1.04. I would like to work with it but is not possible at the time and I don't know why!

And as I responded earlier, I'm more than happy to help fix any problems you may have with 1.04. It's almost certainly a JavaScript conflict which can be resolved.

I'm just trying to help. Running 1.02 you are very unlikely to get any help with mos:tmpl based templates, and you are digging yourself into a hole with an old, unsupported, end-of-lifed version of Fabrik. If we can get you moved to 1.04, we can answer questions and fix any problems.

-- hugh

I am very sorry not to receive the right help from whom is more knologeble of me.

Any way, I tired several times to use 1.04 but the error in the page didn't let me work and save changes and I am back to version 1.02 that is working just fine for me. I am fed up to create all the tables everytime (they are more than 150 with associated links) and I decided to stay with it.

I solved the problem with the picture and the iperlink on the template, working hours and during the night but I did it. Now I need only 2 helps that, I think, they don't depend on what version you are running.

1. In the front page of the tables it shown the picture layout and the link even if there is nothing to show and it isn't nice. There is any command that I have to insert to tell the table not to show the layout if nothing is to be shown and to show the message reported in the bottom of the table itself?

2. i want to insert a text coming from an element but, because it is too big, I want to limit the text shown. I think it is a HTML comand that need to be inserted but I don't know which.

Can somebody help me at least this time?

Thanks
Sandro

As I've said several times, if you have problems with 1.04, I will fix them for you. 1.02 is a very old release, which simply isn't supported any more. The only way you'll get help is if someone out there is still running 1.02 and has the time and knowledge to help. To get any kind of 'official' support, you need to be running 1.04.

I'm around all day today. If you want to upgrade to the latest 1.04 SVN rev, and PM me a backend logon to your site, I will debug and fix whatever is preventing you from saving your tables. Also give me an MSN, Yahoo or Skype IM contact, so we can communicate quicker.

Other than that, we'll just have to hope someone still using 1.02 has the time to help you out.

-- hugh

I am fed up to create all the tables everytime (they are more than 150 with associated links) and I decided to stay with it.

Why not back up your tables and files before trying the upgrade? This is always a sensible solution to avoid painful repetition of entering 150 tables again.

If you had upgraded I know Hugh would have fixed your issues for you. You asked for help, he offered a solution, if you don't want to do as he suggests (which is what I suggest as well) in upgrading to the SVN of 1.0.4, then you cant say you haven't received help. Its just that you decided not to act on it.

Just for the record ...

We got sandro running on 1.04. The problem was a custom backend Joomla template which doesn't buffer output, so our calls to addCustomHeadTag() calls weren't able to add stuff like mootools.js in the HEAD section. So none of the JS driven backend stuff was working.

I tweaked his code to 'echo' those calls instead.

-- hugh

ahha - perhaps the template designer should be informed of that issue? Nice one Hugh!

Thank to Hugh for the big and good work done and now 1.4 is working.

Now my question is: with 1.02 I had to work on template.html to edit and customize ho I want the front end. How can I do with the 1.04? How can I find the module that need to be installed?

Thanks

Installed the modules but still I don't know how to edit the template to make it works like I want.

Can somebody help me or I have to wait Hugh to wake up!! ;D

Sandro

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back