error updating from 3.0.4-198 to 3.0.5.2

rw1

hello,

it's been a little while between updates on one site and have just tried to upgrade from 3.0.4-198 (i *think* - it is the last zip file i have in my updates folder on my local machine) to 3.0.5.2 via the joomla extension manager and i am getting this error message:

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'access' SQL=ALTER TABLE `joomlaprefix_fabrik_visualizations` ADD `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_visualizations` ADD `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER `published`;
Component Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'access' SQL=ALTER TABLE `joomlaprefix_fabrik_visualizations` ADD `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_visualizations` ADD `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER `published`;

edit: i could just overwrite files with a github update, but it looks like there are some database changes required between the two versions. any suggestions on how to get up to date with latest release appreciated.

thanks!

hi troester,

thanks for your reply.

i clicked on the 'updates are available' icon at admin control panel which links to extensions > extension manager > update and then clicked on 'purge cache', then 'find updates' and then checked 'fabrik, Update, Component, 3.0.5.2, N/A, Administrator, http://fabrikar.com/update/fabrik/com_fabrik.xml' and then clicked the 'update' icon.

if i go to extensions > extension manager > discover > purge cache > discover there is only one item and that is Fabrik List - Order, Plugin, 3.0.4.

If you just want to update your site to have it running (not to test the Joomla/fabrik/update) I would install the latest package with the Joomla installer, then update from GitHub

hello,

thank you very much for your reply and suggestion.

i get the same error message when installing from the zip file that has been uploaded to the server at https://www.mysitename.com/pkg_fabrik_3.0.5.2.zip

Code:
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060 
SQL =
ALTER TABLE  `#__fabrik_visualizations` ADD  `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER  `published`;
Component Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060 
SQL =
ALTER TABLE  `#__fabrik_visualizations` ADD  `access` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER  `published`;
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_fabrik_3.0.5.2.zip

It seems it is running admin\sql\updates\mysql\3.0.4.sql (= ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_visualizations` ADD `access` ...)
although you have 3.0.4 installed already.

Can you have a look at Extension Manager ->Mange: what's the fabrik component version?
Try a "Refresh cache" -> does it change?

thank you again for your reply:

extensions > extension manager > manage:

Component, 3.0.4, February 2012

after selecting this item and pressing the 'refresh cache' button, the same details are displayed.

however, i think i may have another clue, the error did seem familiar and i found the post where i had reported the same error a long time ago:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25135

so perhaps this 'unresolved' issue (back in 3.0.3-244) may now be effecting my current install. (i can't remember how i managed to continue the upgrade path after receiving that older error message - possibly just did a GitHub update).

any ideas on how to fix this issue appreciated.

thanks!

friendly bump please.

i'm stuck on a rather old version of fabrik, thanks!

all details are as in original post with methods that i have tried to fix the issue shown in subsequent posts.

thanks!

I would do a GitHub update.
Have a look with phpMyAdmin if your tables have the new structure:

3.0.4.sql:

3.0.5.sql:
UPDATE `#__extensions` SET `name` = 'mod_fabrik_list' WHERE element = 'mod_fabrik_list';
ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_packages` ADD UNIQUE `package_key` ( `external_ref` ( 1 ) , `component_name` ( 100 ) , `version` ( 10 ) );

I had this issue on one test site. I never did track down why it happened, but what I had to do was manually undo the changes from the 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 SQL files in the table structure using Navicat (I hate phpMyAdmin!), then run the 3.0.5 install again.

-- hugh

I would do a GitHub update.
Have a look with phpMyAdmin if your tables have the new structure:

3.0.4.sql:

3.0.5.sql:
UPDATE `#__extensions` SET `name` = 'mod_fabrik_list' WHERE element = 'mod_fabrik_list';
ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_packages` ADD UNIQUE `package_key` ( `external_ref` ( 1 ) , `component_name` ( 100 ) , `version` ( 10 ) );

hello,

i have done a GitHub update via cPanel, would you mind telling me the exact steps to perform on the database tables in phpMyAdmin? Or what i should be checking?

thank you!

Do what Torester said. :)

See if those changes quoted in your post have been made or not. So look at the #__fabrik_visualizations table, make sure you have an 'access' column. Check #__fabrik_packages and make sure it has that 'UNIQUE' key. And make sure in #__extensions, the row for mod_fabrik_list has both 'name' and 'element' set to 'mod_fabrik_list'.

if not, just copy the appropriate line of SQL and run it. You'll need to change #__ to xxx_ (your table prefix).

-- hugh

hi hugh,

thank you for your reply.

it seems all instances meet the criteria.

for future reference:

the #__fabrik_visualizations table has an 'access' column.

the #__fabrik_packages table shows the following below 'Indexes':

Keyname: PRIMARY
Type: BTREE
Unique: Yes
Packed: No
Column: id
Cardinality: 0
Collation: A
Null:
Comment:

and in the #__extensions table, the row for mod_fabrik_list has both 'name' and 'element' set to 'mod_fabrik_list'.

note, nothing was done other than to perform a GitHub update via cPanel.

thanks very much again!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back