Error with Mcrypt

belicino

When i publish the form in frontend i get the following error:

Warning: mcrypt_module_open() [function.mcrypt-module-open]: Could not open encryption module in /components/com_fabrik/libs/Blowfish/MCrypt.php on line 84

Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): supplied argument is not a valid MCrypt resource in /components/com_fabrik/libs/Blowfish/MCrypt.php on line 178

Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): supplied argument is not a valid MCrypt resource in /components/com_fabrik/libs/Blowfish/MCrypt.php on line 178

We know there are some gotchas with the new Blowfish encryption stuff in the 1.0.5 and 1.0.5.1 ZIP's.

You may need to upgrade to the SVN version of 1.0.5 (details of SVN in my sig), or wait till Monday when we release 1.0.5.2, which hopefully cures all the lingering Blowfish/Mcrypt issues.

BTW, what version of PHP are you running.

-- hugh

I have php 5 on my server. My provider says that it is not installed on the server and i can't use it. So i have to disable it in the script. How?

Have you tried upgrading to the SVN version? Details in my sig.

We don't rely on any pre-installed PHP libraries. We had a couple of gotchas in the 1.0.5 ZIP's, but should be fixed in SVN.

-- hugh

Hi Silvio

Please DON'T email me via the site AND post on the forum Especially :O when Hugh has already replied to you - it just creates duplicate work for us which goes something like this:

Rob wakes up and replies to all the fabrik mail in his inbox
Hugh wakes up a lot later (no he's not lazier he's just behind, what with being in the states and all ;) )
Hugh reads through forum posts
Hugh spends 5 minutes answering this question
Hugh opens skype and types "hey rob - any ideas about this post..."
rob stops what he is doing to read the post
After talking to Hugh on skype for a while a dim lightblulb goes on that Silvio was the guy who emailed me asking exactly the same question
Rob then checks the user database to ensure that his rant wont be misdirected at an innocent
Rob then spends 5 minutes writing this post

Preferably post here only, that way others can benefit from the discussion
Sorry to harp on, but I hate wasting my time, when it could be spent fixing bugs, adding features etc.

Cheers
Rob

What he said.

But please don't take offense at the "don't email" us speil. You just happened to hit the lottery number for which person we lectured about it this week. :)

Pretty much the only time we do support by PM or email is for "eyes only" stuff like when we ask for a backend login so we can debug something. Everything else goes in the forums.

-- hugh

Ok. I will only use the forum. I've downloaded the SVN version. I've used the "trunk" directory to upgrade the files on my server but i still get the error.

Hmmm, strange. There shouldn't be any dependencies on pre-loaded extension DLL's in PHP. For example, it runs quite happily on my XAMPP system without mcrypt.dll loaded:

;extension=php_mcrypt.dll

Notice that the line is commented out of my php.ini.

I'll point Rob at this thread when he gets back online. We have a "You Broke It, You Own It" rule around here. He put in the Blowfish code, so he gets to fix it. :)

-- hugh

The line ;extension=php_mcrypt.dll is commented in the php.ini. Is there a way to use the component without using mcrypt code?

can you pm me a super admin account to your site so i can take a look please?

Cheers
Rob

Hughs on holdiay till tuesday, please bump this post again tomorrow to catch his attention

cheers
Rob

woops - sorry about the last post - no i dont have the private message from you - can you send again pls?

Hi, I have the same problem, I upgrade the fabrik files like belicino, but the problem remains.

thanks

Attachments

• fabrik_error.jpg
    fabrik_error.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 301
I've added some code to the svn to try to catch this error, and bypass the encyption if it fails to initialize.

Can I reiterate that you should not need to mycrypt library installed for this part of the code to work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back