Error.

NLeone

Hello! I contact from Argentina, I am testing this new component for me. But I encounter errors while trying to save lists, or items. I can not practice. I have Joomla! 2.5.16 and the latest version of Fabrikar. I figure the following in the error log:

"PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of FabrikModelElement :: prepareTable () should be compatible with JModelAdmin :: prepareTable (& $ table) in / home / pruebafa / public_html / administrator / components / com_fabrik / models / element.php on line 26"

AND

"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /directory/ could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Someone may help me? because I find it hard to translate from Spanish to English and am clueless but eager to try this component.

Greetings!

Which "latest version", Fabrik3.0.9 (recommended for Joomla2.5.16) or Fabrik3.1.rc2?
With GitHub update?

Is your Joomla "Error reporting" set to "Development" (so showing multiple "Strict Standard" notices)? (set error reporting to maximum)
What are your PHP settings (screenshot)?

Hello! Thanks for answer!

Fabrik Version: Fabrik3.0.9

Joomla Error Reporting: "Default System"

PHP Configuration: Where I can take that screenshot?

GitHub: Enter the site but I'm not expert enough to understand how to upgrade or download from there.

Please I need your help and I will try to give you all the explanations you can.

I await response, greetings!

The error does not seem to me to be symptomatic of php 5.4 - or of php functionality being disabled. So it might just be a glitch in the install.

Which component are you testing? fabrik? Because you cannot buy Fabrik as it is free.

If you are thinking of using Fabrik to develop anything more than very basic, then you need to be prepared for a reasonable learning curve and to be (or become) a little technical.

Hi
for the 406 error this is something on your server which is blocking the request. Often its mod_security, although I didn't see that in your php info url. I would ask your hosts what software they have that might block page requests which post form's with large amounts of data

If your test is to see whether you have chosen the right hosting company, you might want to reconsider. Most hosting companies enable most of the php settings that you have disabled.

What they said.

I think every single 406 I've ever seen happen in Fabrik is down to either mod_security or Suhosin, being overly aggressive and thinking some of our backend submissions are hack attacks - for instance, when a setting page includes any PHP code or MySQL statements. Only your host support folk can fix that. And on some ultra-cheap hosting, they won't.

And you cannot use Developer level reporting. While the visible results are just unnecessary warnings about things only of interest to developers, it will also cause real problems with AJAX, when those unnecessary warnings get tossed into inline responses to the browser, which breaks the Javascript that is parsing those responses. So drop your error reporting back to Maximum. Although once a site goes live, you need to throttle that back to minimm, so you only see fatal errors.

-- hugh

The error does not seem to me to be symptomatic of php 5.4 - or of php functionality being disabled. So it might just be a glitch in the install.

Which component are you testing? fabrik? Because you cannot buy Fabrik as it is free.

If you are thinking of using Fabrik to develop anything more than very basic, then you need to be prepared for a reasonable learning curve and to be (or become) a little technical.

Hello! Thank you respond!

When I say buy, I mean a subscription for professional support. Regarding data versions I am using, the above mentioned.

I use Joomla! 6 years ago, and I program in php but very little, as the CMS I reached for my projects.

My skills are not advanced but I'm no novice either.

Development in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and JavaScript.

But not that this error can occur. I think it has more to do with the answer that makes ibs2680 below ....

Thank you very much!

Hi
for the 406 error this is something on your server which is blocking the request. Often its mod_security, although I didn't see that in your php info url. I would ask your hosts what software they have that might block page requests which post form's with large amounts of data

Thanks for responding!

I did, I contacted the hosting, and say it is by mod_security and can not disable it and that I should contact the developer of the component. Osea Fabrik ....

Thank you very much!

What they said.

I think every single 406 I've ever seen happen in Fabrik is down to either mod_security or Suhosin, being overly aggressive and thinking some of our backend submissions are hack attacks - for instance, when a setting page includes any PHP code or MySQL statements. Only your host support folk can fix that. And on some ultra-cheap hosting, they won't.

And you cannot use Developer level reporting. While the visible results are just unnecessary warnings about things only of interest to developers, it will also cause real problems with AJAX, when those unnecessary warnings get tossed into inline responses to the browser, which breaks the Javascript that is parsing those responses. So drop your error reporting back to Maximum. Although once a site goes live, you need to throttle that back to minimm, so you only see fatal errors.

-- hugh

Sorry, but I am translating with Google because I contact from Argentina.

I have a good hosting, payment, I have a reseller plan, but are strict security.

With respect to error reports Joomla! I suggest? set at maximum, none, minimum or default?

Thank you very much!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back