Export csv clears all records

deono

Hello,

I've recently ran an "export csv" from a list. The csv was fine, but when returning to the list all of the records had been cleared. Is this normal behavior thats expected? I do have clear allowed on my admin profile but thought it would only remove records if I specifically selected that option.

I'm wondering:
- Is there a setting somewhere to stop this from happening?
- or will I need to workaround this by performing csv exports only with a user account that doesn't have permission to clear?

Thanks for any advise you can provide.

Nope, a CSV export absolutely should never delete rows, I've never heard of that happening.

Are you absolutely sure it actually deleted rows? In earlier versions of Fabrik, sometimes on CSV export the pagination would get "stuck", such that the list being displayed thought you were trying to display a page of rows which doesn't exist. So when you reload the list, it appeared empty. Hitting the "Clear filters" button would fix that, or if you don't have any filters on the list, append &resetfilters=1 to the URL.

So first thing, check in something like phpMyAdmin and see if your rows are still there, and if they are, clear the filters.

If the rows aren't, then this is something I've never seen happen, and I'll need to urgently take a look at your site, see if we can replicate it with a test list.

-- hugh

Thanks. I think I've discovered what happened. My current site was just recently made live after installing the backup from a test site. We never created or linked a new database to the forms and they were still linked to the testing DB. i.e. I enter a new record in the test site and it would also appear in the live site and vise versa.

We connect new DB's for the live forms and after the change I performed the export and all the records disappeared. I'm guessing it was because there were no records in the new DB, even though they were still showing in my list which I hadn't refreshed since the change. So after I exported, it cleared the filters, and there were no records left, because there were no records in the new DB. I was able to re-import most all of them except for one where I had the CSV settings different and the import basically failed.

Thanks for your quick reply, I just tried an export again and everything seems fine. I was a bit freaked out when it happened and turned to you for help a bit prematurely.

It turns out to be operator error, as usual. Thanks again for the help.

No problem. Always best to ask here immediately if something bad happens!

But yes, whenever you start up Fabrik after it has been installed from a backup of another site, or you've copied our tables over from another site, always go to Connections, and edit and save the default site connection.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back