Export popup + Gantry 4 template

s6930064

Hi,

My Gantry template and export popup was working until i did a github update today.
After the update the popup is displayed under the footer of my template as a simple div (no popup).
If I change my template to protostar the popup is working as expected.
I have tried with different browsers and cleared the cache but without success to make the export popup to work in my gantry template as before.

Any idea why prior to github update it was working and after the popup is not displayed correctly?

With 27/5/2016 github update it is worst.
Now the 'popup' is not displayed at all.
I see the creation of div ajax_links but the 'popup' is not displayed. Also is resetting the pagination and number of rows displayed to 100.

Yup, I'm working on this one on a Pro users site.

Gantry is doing really weird things. There's no CSS styling for the Bootstrap 'modal' class, and it's changing the 'position' attribute' of our modal window from 'static' to 'relative' between us creating it, and centering it.

-- hugh

The solution to move in G5 will not work as the template I use is for G4.

I have attached my template so if Fabrik team can investigate the problem or let me know the work around I have to follow to solve the csv export pop-up problem it will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• tpl_thekraken_free.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 534
It's going to be a while before I can look at this, as I'm working on Gantry 5 stuff atm, and it's a major pain switching between g4 and g5.

Short term fix is set the menu item for the list you need to do the export from to use protostar.

-- hugh

The menu item workaround is no good as it will display a totally different layout to the user.
The migration to G5 and new web template, its a big project and still with the possibility that Fabrik will have problems with the new template.

I would like to propose an other solution that can work regardless the underlining template and framework:
Add an option in the back end for CSV export that will 'skip' the download dialog popup and download the file directly to the browser.

That option already exists, under the main list CSV settings ... "Front end option: Yes / No". See the tooltip for details.

-- hugh

I do not see that option.

I looked the tip of 'Front end option' and also enabled it but i do not see any option to 'skip' the popup complete and just get the file in the browser.
2.png

From the attached image you see that if I enable 'Front end option' the popup window has the same problem as the download windows (displayed in the left corner under the footer).
1.png

If we had an option in the back-end to skip the popups and force the file to be downloaded to the browser then it will be a solution to templates/frameworks problems.

Thank you.

Correct. This 'download' popup is the problem in my case.
If I do not get it and Fabrik just start to download the csv file to the browser it will be a nice option.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back