Extension Manager update from 3.6 to 3.7

tcranford

I'm having difficulties updating my development site from Fabrik 3.6 to 3.7 using Extension Manager. It appears that all installed correctly except Administrator com_fabrik. Attachment one shows the failure in Extension Manager. Warning: Copy file failed. My associated test site updated correctly for the same component (attachment two)...which leads me to believe that more is going on that wouldn't be resolved by doing a github refresh.

I didn't see anything about the failure in the administrator/logs/* files. Both sites are running the latest J! 3.7.4.

Any thoughts on where to look to begin diagnosing the issue?

TIA!

Attachments

• attachment 1.png
    attachment 1.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 25
  • attachment 2.png
    attachment 2.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 26
"Copy file failed" almost always means there is a permissions issue on the destination, when it tries to copy files from the temp folder where it extracted the ZIP, to their actual target locations. So check ./administrator/components and ./components, make sure the com_fabrik folder in both of those are writeable, and you don't have any folders or files in those which can't be overwritten.

This is one of those huge fails for the J! installer. It really should give you the actual path name that couldn't be copied.

-- hugh

That was the problem hugh. I incorrectly assumed that the branch I needed to look at was just ./administrator/components not also ./components. The permission problem ended up being in the latter.

Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back