Fabric 3.8 element Javascript problem

TonyBenedetti

Hobbyist Programmer & Fabrik Fan
Looks like the Purity III template might have the same problem as described in the "fabric 3.8 element javascript problem" thread over in the Standard Support forum.

The inline Javascript doesn't fire if the radio button is a button group. I started out with a call to my form_##.js and eventually simplified the code down to an inline alert ("click"); but still no go. The form_## code runs correctly when launched by onLoad but not with onClick or onChange. I haven't tried any other things like onBlur.

By the way, the inline Javascript code fires correctly from a button group with the beez, protostar and Gantry5/Helium templates.

Yeah, it may well have the same issue. The button grouping is handled by the template's implementation of bootstrap, and if they prevent the click/change event from bubbling up, and/or don't generate a click event on the underlying radio button, we can't see the event.

I'm trying to get hold of the Helix 3 devs to discuss this, but their customer service folk are being less than helpful ("You have to buy a membership and ask questions on the forum").

I'll take a look at Purity III when I get a min. At least the JoomlArt support folk are helpful, and I know how to get hold of their devs.

-- hugh

Hope the JA folks are helpful. Not a big deal for me -- remember I'm just a "hobbyist programmer". Good luck and thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back