Fabrik 3.8.1: Pop-up filters not working (Javascript error?)

BasilC

I've updated the development sites for two of my websites to Fabrik 3.8.1 and found that both of them have the same issue: Clicking on Filter in a list does not launch the popup.

In the console the same JS error is shown on both websites development versions:

Code:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: expected property name or '}' at line 1 column 2 of the JSON data[Learn More] tipsBootStrapMock.js:3:542

However, looking at the same lists on the live sites (on both of which the filter pop-ups work), one of them shows the same error but the other doesn't, so it can't be this error that's at the root of the problem (or can it?)

I recall a similar issue a year or two ago which turned out to be caused by Javascript caching and was resolved by setting JS Burst to Yes. But I've tried that with this new issue and it hasn't helped.

Unfortunately, Javascript is a total mystery to me.

Can you please turn on fabrik JS debugging so that you load the non-minified version and repost the error message so we can get the real line number?

Thx.

P.S. I assume that you have cleared both Joomla caches and browser cache?

All caches deleted. The problem is on line 41, but it looks as if it's a known issue anyway. I did do a search for a previous report, but didn't find anything.
javascript_error.PNG

I also have a fix for that JSON.parse JS error as well (I noticed the same thing when fixing the popup issue), but I haven't commited it yet, I'm doing a little more testing on it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back