Fabrik 3.8.1: Related data link not working

BasilC

I have a list of payments linked to a list of people. Clicking on a related payment field ("view") in the list brings up that person's payment record.

Since updating the development website to 3.8.1 this no longer works. In pop-up mode I just "Loading" but nothing loads. In non-pop up mode I get a 1054 error Unknown column 'u3a_people.surname' in 'field list'.

The live website is identical apart from having Fabrik 3.8 and the related data loads.

Grateful for any help.

I can't replicate this, no issues with related data.

If you want to add your dev site to My Sites, I'll take a quick look see if there's anything obvious.

Does u3a_people.surname exist?

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh.

I've set up an account for you on the devsite.

Turns out that the issue isn't with related data per se but with the Membership Payments list (which is the list that contains the related data for the Current Members list). In list view it displays OK, but if you try to view or edit a record the unknown column error crops up.

u3a_people.surname does exist but not in the Membership Payments table. The membership payments table uses a database join element fk.people with label Name. The label is a concatenation of the surname and forename fields from u3a_people

u3a_people.surname,' ',u3a_people.forename

The form opens with Fabrik 3.8 but not on the devsite with 3.8.1. Everything else is identical 9except that on the devsite I updated JCE and Akeeba) I only copied across the backup yesterday afternoon. Both use J3.8.5

Maybe I've configured something wrongly but but got away with it until now?

Finally managed to fix this. I changed u3a_people.surname,' ',u3a_people.forename to {thistable}.surname, ' ', {thistable}.forename.

Both work in 3.8.0 but only the second works in 3.8.1.

It seems weird using thistable when the two columns are in the other table, not in the one where the databasejoin element is.

You should always use {thistable}, not the joined table name, in any WHERE or CONCAT statements. Using the literal name may or may not work, it depends entirely on what other joins you have in that list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back