Fabrik changing datatable

Hi guys,
I am really concerned about this: It appears that Fabrik CHANGES my database tables!

Example:
As created:
`ven_status` VARCHAR(1) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
`ven_status_new` VARCHAR(1) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
`total_amt` DECIMAL(15,2) NULL DEFAULT NULL,

Current:
`ven_status` VARCHAR(255) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
`ven_status_new` TEXT NULL,
`total_amt` VARCHAR(255) NULL DEFAULT NULL,

What is going on? I really, really, REALLY do not want anything or anyone touching or messing with my database!!! How does this happen and how can it be prevented?

Best regards,
Arnor

There's also a list setting (Advanced). The global option is only applied if the list setting is "Use global".

Hi Troester,

It is set to "Use Global" on all the lists and global is set to "No" It is possible that at some point this was set to "Yes" and I changed it, so I'm going to see what happens now that I *know* it is set properly.

Best regards,

If that is set to No (or "New only"), then we definitely shouldn't modify the table schema, except to add indexes (which we do regardless of that setting). And we always tell / ask before we make any changes (except indexes). After saving an element, you would get a second save dialog, told the change we are about to make (like "from VARCHAR(1) to TEXT") and given a cancel option.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks. This table has been under construction for a while and so has the fabrik application so this may very well be old and I changed those settings along the way. I will keep an eye out now that I know the settings are turned off and see if any changes occur.

Best regards,
Arnor

Back