Fabrik Form Causes Menu to Vanish

talkinggoat

I am running Fabrik 3.5.1 and when I add a form, as a menu item, it causes a portion of the menu to disappear. Specifically, I am using IceMegaMenu. It is definitely a conflict with Fabrik, as it only happens on the form page and goes away when, for example, a single article replaces it. It further interferes with other portions of the template, such as the bottom logo, which is simply an article module and the search icon, which is a built-in Joomla menu item. The only error I was getting was when the menu was reduced to browser size:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'alternative_readmore' in /home/mischa/public_html/cajunnavyrelief.com/templates/theme3189/html/mod_articles_single/default.php on line 72

Like I said, however, it only throws the error or causes template problems when Fabrik is present.

Thanks for the help.

I can confirm this is a Fabrik issue, as it only happens when the JS for Fabrik is loaded. As more parts are loaded, text boxes, check boxes, etc, the problem gets worse and more JS conflicts take place.

It's always debatable as to whether JS conflicts are "Fabrik issues" or "template issues". ;)

If you point me at the page I'll take a look. Can't guarrantee I can fix it, but I can look.

-- hugh

There's an error in your template's script.js ...

http://www.cajunnavyrelief.com/templates/theme3189/js/scripts.js

... on line 254, where it uses an undefined variable, "Uncaught ReferenceError: i is not defined".

That's causing other parts of the JavaScript running on page load to fail. So for instance, the "easing" on your logo image doesn't happen, so the image never displays and stays with opacity of 0.

Not sure what the issue you are describing with the menu is, you'll have to tell me exactly what to look for, or give me an example. But if it's anything to do with that 'easing' of images and other content, it may work once you've fixed that template bug.

The reason this is only happening on your Fabrik page is that the code which has the bug in it only runs if you have radio buttons on the page, which your Fabrik form does, but other pages don't.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back