Fabrik Forms access denied problem

rostamiani

Hi
I used Fabrik Forms to build my website's registration form.
I made it's default template right to left.
but I can't access com_fabrik folder ! with CuteFTP and CPanel :-(
In CuteFTP the user of this directory is 99 !

How can I Access this folder ?

This is a standard Joomla permissions issue, nothing specific to Fabrik.

The problem is that when you install a component thru Joomla, it gets installed by the web server (typically 'apache' or 'nobody'), which is the userid 99 you are seeing.

You can use the Joomla Global Admin to change permissions, under the Server tab. But if you change them to 777 (dirs) and 664 (files), make sure you change them back after you have ftp'ed your stuff, otherwise you are leaving a security hole.

There's plenty of discussion and help about this in the joomla.org forums.

-- hugh

This is a standard Joomla permissions issue, nothing specific to Fabrik.

The problem is that when you install a component thru Joomla, it gets installed by the web server (typically 'apache' or 'nobody'), which is the userid 99 you are seeing.

You can use the Joomla Global Admin to change permissions, under the Server tab. But if you change them to 777 (dirs) and 664 (files), make sure you change them back after you have ftp'ed your stuff, otherwise you are leaving a security hole.

There's plenty of discussion and help about this in the joomla.org forums.

-- hugh
Thanks for your help
But I didn't find anything like that on SERVER tab!

I'm using Joomla 1.5.5

Please help...

Oh, right, 1.5.x. In which case you need to configure the ftp layer within Joomla. Again, plenty of info on this on joomla.org forums and in the 1.5 help pages.

FYI, the way the ftp layer works is ... when you install a component, it still uploads the ZIP via http, but then Joomla ftp's the file to itself, using a username/password you configure, rather than just having the web server write the file. This allows you to have your installed content owned by whatever use you want, rather than the user the web server runs as.

-- hugh

Thanks a lot :)
I solved the problem.I changed the file using eXtplorer component.

But I didn't understand what you said !Can I configure username and password that Jommla uses to upload files? where ?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back