FabrikControllerForm ?

rw1

hello,

i've been away from the forums and update process for a few months and noticed my joomla backend was saying that fabrik updates were available. i tried to update via the joomla backend but got error messages and decided to follow suggestions on one of my last posts and performed a github update via cPanel. now on one of my forms on the front end i can see the text 'FabrikControllerForm' and joomla is still saying that fabrik updates are available, in particular the ones in the screenshot attached.

any advice on getting back on top of the update process (and removing this 'FabrikControllerForm' text and update notices) much appreciated.

thank you.

Attachments

• Extension manager   Update.png
    Extension manager Update.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 315
Hi, welcome back.

After a GitHub update go to
Extension Manager/Manage
search and select all fabrik, then "Refresh cache"

After this ExtensionManager/Update -purge cache - find updates should only show the slideshow plugin (which is producing error messages in the Manage/refresh cache); there seems to be something missing in the xml-file.

Don't do any fabrik update via Joomla if you've updated from GitHub (because GitHub has the newest files, even if there are some wrong xml version settings).

I get FabrikSheduled Tasks Update Plugin 3.0.6.
Maybe you didn't check it for Manage/refresh cache?

thank you for your reply.

in extensions > extension manager > manager > [search for FabrikSheduled] it shows:

"There are no extensions installed matching your query".

(also as an update to my previous post, i have found that the update has unfortunately changed all the formatting of my form and still displays "FabrikControllerForm" at the bottom of the form).

Hmm, strange.
On my site I can't see "FabrikSheduled Tasks Update Plugin" at all, I've mixed it up with "System - Fabrik Scheduled Tasks" (which is 3.0.6)
changed all the formatting of my form and still displays "FabrikControllerForm" at the bottom of the form
is this with any form or with a special form template?

I don't see that 'FabrikControllerForm' at the bottom of any of my forms, and a search of the current codebase only shows that word occurring exactly where it should, in class definitions.

What form template is the offending form using?

-- hugh

Ah hah, is the offending form in a module?

I just ran across this on someone elses site, where they are using the form module.

Debugging it now.

-- hugh

OK, I raised a github issue on this, and also committed a band-aid for it. So latest github should prevent the class name from being rendered, but I've left the ticket open so Rob can take a look, and see if he can work out why this is happening, and fix it in a rather less hacky way than i did.

-- hugh

Thanks for looking into this Hugh. I updated to the latest GitHub yesterday afternoon and it did not fix this issue on my site, I'm still getting FabrikControllerForm under all my forms.

On my site the message is gone after this GitHub
bandaid for #398, to stop class name being rendered as a string at end
of output from form module plugin.
Hugh Messenger <hugh.messenger@gmail.com> 2012-08-06 00:52:37

Maybe a cache problem?

yes, can also confirm the 'fabrikcontrollerform' is no longer displaying after github updates. thank you very much.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back