fabrikScroller question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookn22

Would it be possible to be able to make the scroller only jump to the next/previous record that had values for one or more of its columns which you could specify in the code of the form template?

Here's one example:
Let's say I have a table called 'clients' with a primary key 'client_id', and a table called 'cases' with a foreign key called 'client_id' that links each case to a single row in the client table. If I'm looking at the detail-view form for the case record for a particular client, when I click 'next' on the scroller it would go to the next case for that client, instead of just going to the next row in the case table. So, somewhere in the template you would specify that the scroller would only load cases that had a specified value for 'client_id'.

Going further, say there are multiple users of the database who enter clients and their cases, and each case table has a column which stores the user who created the case. The scroller could be set up, then, to scroll based on 'client_id' and username or the user id. So each user could easily scroll through the cases for each of their clients.

I would imagine this behavior would be specified in the code of the template and not be a default behavior or something the front-end user would be able to mess with. Also, I'm not sure how possible this idea is with the current implementation of the scroller for forms. If this could be added that would be great, but I could maybe figure out how to do it myself if someone could make some suggestions about the editing required to do it. I tried looking over the scroller code and decided it would be better to make a post asking about it rather than messing with that code, which I vaguely understand but not enough to be comfortable tinkering with it without some guidance.

Also, If this is already implemented somehow and I'm just being a dummy, let me know.

Thanks!

HI Nathan

From memory the scroller will scroll through all records in the fabrik table. So in theory you could copy your table and create different prefilters to your table to limit the data shown and this would limit the records that the scoller shows.

What I've not tested is if you filtered the data using a normal filter, whether the scroller shows the filtered data or not

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back