Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object

rackem

This is a re-start of this thread: http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/sql-syntax-error.37505/#post-188763. That one started off unclear which I hope to avoid here.

My site worked fine until updating from GitHub after 1/15/14. Initially after updating, the site functioned normally, however, after about 24 hours I get the following error when I try to bring up the front end of my site.

Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in .../components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2842

The back end functions normally. This error is present on all front end pages of my site, not just Fabrik content. It seems cache related so I tried clearing Joomla, browser, and hosting caches but the error remains. As soon as I revert back to my GitHub from 1/15/14, the site functions as it did at that time.

I haven't seen anyone else report this issue and I am at a loss for ideas for troubleshooting. Any ideas please?

Hi
As its working ok for me I guess you reverted the code on your site MyPoolStats to that from before the commit?
If you have a dev site it might be worth while updating to the latest github code there as we've been re-jigging the query building part of the code over the last month or so. So there would have been some improvements since the 15th of Jan

Hi, As its working ok for me I guess you reverted the code on your site MyPoolStats to that from before the commit? If you have a dev site it might be worth while updating to the latest github code there as we've been re-jigging the query building part of the code over the last month or so. So there would have been some improvements since the 15th of Jan

Yes, my live site is running the old code. I just created a dev version of my site and updated it to the current GitHub. As soon as I updated, the reported error occurred. I also tried installing the new Fabrik 3.1 package but that gives the same result.

http://www.dev.mypoolstats.com/

If it helps, you can log in to the back end of this dev site with the login details from my site.

Otherwise I would really appreciate tips for troubleshooting! This issue prevents me from updating Fabrik at all until it is resolved.

*friendly bump* Any ideas for troubleshooting this issue would be much appreciated. I seem to be the only one with this issue which is odd because updating from my Jan. 15 GitHub corrects the issue. I think I have narrowed down the issue to a GitHub commit between Jan. 15 and Jan. 23 and I think it is the one where the main list getData() query now uses JQueryBuilder as default.

I just reverted back to my known good GitHub and then updated my dev site to today's GitHub. Now I can access the site however the error is listed in my php_errorlog. The site seems to operate normally however in the past it stopped working again after a day or so.

Here is the error: [18-Feb-2014 08:55:18 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in .../components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2844

Does anyone know why this error completely prevented me from accessing the front end of my site before? Is there a setting somewhere on this that allows graceful failures?

I tried updating after the 2/20 commit below as it looked promising but the error re-occurred.

changed: removed cached version of finessedata() in list model - wasn't caching and was causing doubling of certain parts of the code. Also fixed custom link (edit/add/details) which were always loading in iframes; if custom url contains com_fabrik load as xhr instead

The error now reads (path shortened): Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in .../components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2841

hi can you supply an ftp account for the dev site. My first thought would be to update from github again as that line number does not correspond with the joomla3's branch code.

Hi Rob, I have added ftp details to My Sites. Please note to do testing on my Development site and NOT my live site. Because this is a site breaking error, my live site is running Jan.15 GitHub code. Logins are the same (dev site is a copy of live). All details are in My Sites.

The Dev site was running a very recent but not the current GitHub joomla3 branch code. I just updated it to the latest. The same error occurs.

Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if there is any other information I you need.

I think the only way we can realistically work on this is to update that test site to the latest code. I'll go ahead and do that.

rob - I checked through previous revisions, and it's the $query->order() towards the end of _buildQueryOrder() currently at line 2687.

-- hugh

I think the only way we can realistically work on this is to update that test site to the latest code. I'll go ahead and do that.

No problem, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

I'm having ftp issues to that site. Quite a few files refuse to finish uploading - initially had over 100 failed transfers. If I requeue those, some will go through, the rest get to 100%, but never seem to get a 'complete' status back.

I'll keep trying. I'm down to about 30 or so now, after half a dozen requeue/retry.

There's a chance it may be issues at my end. I think my wifi router / switch may be on the way out, as I've been experiencing some other weird behavior. I'll be ordering a new one in the next day or so.

-- hugh

Thanks for the update Hugh and sorry to hear about the trouble. I haven't had any issues like that with my site and I've been with this host for a couple years now. Not sure if it helps you at all, but the site has extplorer installed which is something you had suggested to me in the past.

Well, I was able to get my site to function with the latest GitHub although my php error log still shows the fatal error I reported initially.

I have been going through and doing some ?pruning? to remove Fabrik lists and functionality that was no longer needed. There wasn't anything wrong with them that I was aware of, I just didn?t use them anymore and wanted to reduce my maintenance load. So then I rebuilt my Dev site from my "old" and "clean" site and updated to the latest GitHub. The site remained operational for 4 days so I have updated my live site to the latest GitHub.

I don?t know what was breaking the site but I suspect it had something to do with these being relatively old Fabrik items. I encountered a lot of errors and strangeness during the upgrade process from Fabrik 3.09 to Fabrik 3.1 as a relatively early adopter so I wonder if there was a setting somewhere that was just no longer compatible with the GitHub after 1/15/14. Why any of this would break the whole site by throwing a fatal error on my homepage is beyond me. :confused:

Here is a condensed list of fatal errors from my php log. This first one matches the error I reported here.

[09-Mar-2014 01:52:57 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in /home/mypoolst/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2848
[09-Mar-2014 01:32:32 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::getForm() in /home/mypoolst/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/form/view.base.php on line 58
[09-Mar-2014 04:27:49 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentRaw::isHtml5() in /home/mypoolst/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php on line 73

So I am relieved my site can run the latest GitHub but I am worried about these fatal errors: are these going to cause me problems again?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back