Field data removed on validation error

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I have a form with multiple groups.
In one of the groups I have a Yes/No element.
I have a couple elements that are related (2 text fields) that are hidden when the Yes/No is "NO" and shown when it is "YES" (via javascript settings).
The 2 text fields are set to required (validation - not-empty) - so they become required when the initial element is set to YES.

That is all working; however, when you enter data in other fields on the form, then set the initial item to YES, but leave one of the related fields blank (thus raising a validation error), the validation works properly (notice displayed, save prohibited); however, all the data in any other field (within the same group as well as any other groups) that hadn't already been saved (in previous edits/saves) is wiped clean - including the "Yes" setting that was just set in the Yes/No field.

I've never seen this happen before in Fabrik.
Have I set something wrong that is causing all existing data to be lost when the validation happens?

NOTE: I do have a number of form actions (including a rather involved form php that reviews things but doesn't trigger until onAfterProcess)

Any setting or possibly other plugins that might be causing this?

I've tried all sorts of settings (element: Must Validate; form: Ajax Validation-No/Yes; Toggle Submit - No/Yes; Save part-edited records - everyone) ; however, when I have fields set to any validation and the validation doesn't pass the already edited data in the form is wiped clean.
Not exactly sure why this is happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

Apologies for the delay, I'm in the UK visiting with family.

I saw this a few weeks ago, and it was related to the "save part-edited". But you said this still happens even with that enabled?

Is this a component view (menu link), or a module / content plugin?

-- hugh

The form is displayed via a manually built URL within a custom displayed list (within a Community Builder tab).

Here's the URL that is being used to access the form:

/author-profile/edit-profile-2/form/13/11

The author login I was using to test your site seems to have been disabled. is it OK for me to re-enable it?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back