field "textarea": saving entities fails

Roland

Hi there,
I recently updated to Joomla 3.7 and fabrik 3.6
Using the same forms as with J3.6.5 / fabrik 3.5.2 I have a problem now saving "textarea" fields containing entities or a special combination of characters. Trying to save the html text in the attached file entities.txt Joomla returns a blank page. fabrikdebug doesn't report errors on loading the page with the form.
I updated my forms with the latest template of bootstrap-tabs and tried to save the form with and without using TinyMCE for the textarea field. Both variations fail.
The database field is defined as mediumtext and collation of table and field is utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Could you help me with this issue?

Roland

Attachments

• entities.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 25
Check in Joomla's Global Configuration/Text filters the settings for the usergroup which is editing.

I just had an issue (J!3.6.5 and Joomla article, no Fabrik) with "Blacklist": Joomla was spinning and then throwing some error (500?), seems it didn't manage to test the text (also a one with very simple formatting) against it's blacklist.
Setting "no filter" for the usergroup solved the issue.

Thank you, it solved this problem.
It means that it's really a Joomla and not a Fabrik issue.
None of the expressions of the Joomla Standard Blacklist expressions are used in my document. My document only uses the <p>-tag. That's why I thoought there must be some entities causing problems.
Anyway, setting Textfilter to No Filter works: articles can be saved once again.

Roland

Just be aware that setting No Filter can make you vulnerable to certain attacks. You should only set this for "trusted" users.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back