Field type: year-id

MILORD65

Hello,

In a list I would like to create a field that is of type year-id where year is the year at the time of creation of the record and id a number. I would also like id number to be reset when the year changes so for example to have the series 2017-0001, 2017-0002, .... 2017-5231 and then from 2018: 2018-0001, 2018-0002 , Etc.
I suppose this is possible with a calc field but I don't know how.
Do you have an idea ? Thank you for your help.

JP

Yes, that could be done with a calc element, although it's not entirely trivial, and not something I can write for you in Community support. If you'd like to take out a sub for a month, I'll write the code for you.

-- hugh

Hello,

I found a solution that seems to work.
First I made a list "t_numero" which is incremented when a new record is created in the other list "t_registre".
This is done via a php plugin in the form of the "t_registre" list:

Process script: Start of form submission

PHP code:
$id = '{t_register___id}';
if ($id == '')
//"If " for no update of the year if the record is edited
{$myDb = JFactory::getDbo();
$myQuery = $myDb->getQuery(true);
$myQuery->insert('t_numero')
->set('user = ' . $myDb->quote('{t_register___user}'));
$myDb->setQuery($myQuery);
$myDb->execute();
$myId = $myDb->insertid();

// Update form data with insert id

$formModel->updateFormData ('t_register___numero', date('Y').'/'.sprintf("%05d",$myId));}

The result is therefore a number of the format "year / number" as "2017/000235" which is created the field element "t_register___numero" in the table t_registre.

When switching to a new year a scheduled task runs once a year on January 1 at 00:00:01 with the PHP code:

defined('_JEXEC') or die();
$db =& JFactory::getDBO();
$query= "TRUNCATE TABLE t_numero";
$db->setQuery($query);
$db->query();

This allows you to reset the id of the list t_numero

There is just one small problem is that with UTC time there are two hours difference in France for the scheduled task.

I was inspired by this post:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...rms-field-with-the-records-primary-key.46267/

I hope that the code is well written (at least it works) and that it will be useful to other users who want to do the same.

JP

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back