File Upload Element - Delete

automan25

I'm using the File Upload Element to allow users to upload a photo of the person represented by a record. When this record is later deleted, the uploaded file remains on the server despite my having selected the "Delete Image" option in the element settings. Any idea how to get this working?

Well, if you have existing data, you can't turn AJAX off. Or rather, you can, but any existing upload data will be lost, and the elements will be empty. With AJAX enabled, we create a separate one-to-many table for the upload data, it isn't stored in the main table for the form.

At what point are you seeing that error? When sunbitting the form?

-- hugh

Interesting. After turning AJAX off, the list view throws the error mentioned above. I decided to turn AJAX on (so I could see the list) and then delete all of the records I had in that list. Then I turned AJAX off and proceeded to add the records back in again. Now it's working fine. It might be good to put a little bit of instruction in the element settings indicating that once you turn AJAX on, you can't go back without deleting all of the list data.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back