File Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Greetings, I have been using Fabrik for several years, and recently took the plunge by supporting you with a Bronze subscription!

I have a form with a file upload element, and when I try to submit (front end, back end, different browsers/platforms), I get:
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I only get this error when the file upload element is active/published. The form worked perfectly without the file upload. I have default settings in the element, with the exception of the path, which I simply set as a directory at the same level as images or any other joomla directory (components, tmp, etc.), and gave the directory 777 permissions.

I searched these forums extensively, and couldn't find anything that would point to what might be going wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

do you have any php extensions such as mod_security or suhosin installed that might be causing this?
Is the error with any uploaded file e.g. file type, file size?

Hi Rob,

First of all, it's an honor that you replied personally to my message -- thank you!

No security extensions; I just made .doc and .docx the allowed extensions, and used standard Word documents that were less than 200kb. I tried using the default allowed file extensions, and tried uploading image files (jpg/gif) and still had no luck.

Here's the form: http://congressionaldebate.org/tournaments/leg (I also can grant admin access if you'd like -- I can PM you the information).

Thank you,
Adam

Can you post a screenshot of you file upload element?

I have default settings in the element, with the exception of the path, which I simply set as a directory at the same level as images

I'm not 100% how to interpret that statement. :)

Can you try /images/legislation or anything after /images/ if you haven't already tried.

I just changed the directory to images instead of legislation, and I made the field default back to standard file types (instead of .doc/.docx).

Here's the screenshot:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 12.53.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 12.53.53 PM.png
    93 KB · Views: 1,539
Can you try Felix's suggestion. Use a sub-folder, like images/legislation, make sure the folder exists, and double check the permissions on it.

From googling around, that error seems to be associated with directory permission issues, although I've never seen it.

It's also possible that the directory configured in PHP as the temporary upload directory has permissions issues. That'd be temp_upload_dir in your php.ini.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I did try that, with both 777 permissions, as well as the default joomla 755. I also checked the php.ini, and that seemed fine. After all, I can upload extensions in the Joomla system easily enough, as well as use the Docman extension. This seems to be isolated to fabrik.

Any further insight would be appreciated. I am willing to PM someone with login credentials to the administrator area to look around.

Thanks!

Here's the error I get

PHP Fatal error: Class 'uploader' not found in ../public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php on line 1540

Yup I renamed uploader to use a fabrik prefix to avoid possible clashes with other class names, an update from github should solve that conflict for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back