fileUpload element and AWS S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Fooks

I'm using 3.0.6.1 of the element - fileupload plug-in and uploading to Amazon S3. It's uploading OK but the folder structure created in the bucket is a path to my site on the web server ie: srv/www/vhosts/domainname/subdomain/j/store
store being the upload directory specified in the element. The thumbnails appear in another folder at S3 in bucket named ie: theBucketNamestore
How can I shorten the path created in the bucket to being a store folder and how can I ensure that the thumbnails are placed alongside the uploaded files.
I have tried storing the files within the joomla site (Storage Type: file system) without issue.

Any help appreciated.

Hi

We don't currently have any setting that would allow you to change the root path under which the files are stored.

It was designed like that to mirror the absolute path that the image would have if it was stored locally, hence the srv/www.... etc as part of the path name. It also ensured that different sites using the same s3 storage account would not overwrite each other files.

I'll have a look now to see if any of this can be easily changed, and will post back when I have some more news

-Rob

Ok, if you update from github there is now a new option in the fileuploads s3 storage section called 'Include server path'
By default its set to yes - which relates to the existing way where we added the server path the the s3 storage location.

If you set it to 'no' then only the upload directory is used as the s3 path within your bucket.

how can I ensure that the thumbnails are placed alongside the uploaded files.
set the thumbnail directory option to the same value as your upload directory, and set some text for either the thumb prefix or suffix.

-Rob

Git overwrite of Fabrik files and installed

Thanks for the prompt reply and fix. Gone thru process of downloading Git and overwrite files at Joomla site. Checked the file upload element and can select Include Server Path 'No' for s3 bucket. However the Save and Save & Close buttons now don't work. Other none Fabrik pages work fine.
Any help appreciated
Paul

It seems to work for me OK.

Do you see any JavaScript errors when you open the element page? best way to spot those is usually to run Firefox, with Firebug installed.

Try forcing a refresh of any cached JS files in your browser with a ctrl-F5, when you have the upload settings open.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back