Fileupload element with repeated join group, deleting image issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfatsis

Hi,

Thank you for your great component ! I use the Fabrik couple of years now and I have accomplished quite a complex applications.

I'm subscribed on Standard subscription and not quite sure if this is the correct forum to post (since I have not access to professional and standard support). Bellow is the issue I'm facing.

I would like to report problem with Fileupload element used in repeated group in the form

I'm unable to delete image either by pressing [Delete] button either by deleting repeated group record on the form, despite the fact that I have [Delete Images?] turned to Yes

I tried to debug the problem and on the first hand there was an error in returned by Firebug, complaining with: Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in ...../com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 10697

Finally I pick the latest (today's) list.php file from the GitHub and replaced it with original one, but without luck. The error disappeared but I'm unable to delete the image.

I'm using latest Joomla 3.6.2 with Fabrik 3.5 and Protostar default template.

This project is live and confident and I can provide details only in private chat.

Thank you in advance

N

Last edited:
It definitely works for me (and others) since some recent fixes in github.

Do a full github update (make sure you upload everything).

Then, to make sure you pick up the new JS (to avoid your browser caching the old JS), enable "Bust JS" under the global Fabrik debug options. Leave that enabled for a day or two before turning it off.

-- hugh

Thank you cheesegrits,

I made full github update by-the-book. Burst JS was enabled already.

It is better now as when pressing the [Delete] button (on the fileupload element) the file is deleted, but the problem remains when deleting the row from the repeated group (file remains untouched on the server).

There are no JS errors. I think that access rights are ok since overwrite works well.

Some ideas where to search ?

N

Last edited:
Ah, OK, there may be a lingering issue with deleting files when a repeat group instance is deleted. That's on my list to look at.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back