Fill the records of a list

mariluzrm

Hello.

Is it possible to fill the records of a list from a query? Not a prefilter (user can't modify the query), that is, the query can be mofify in execution time (no design time). How?

And, is it possible to fill the records of a list from an array of ids (id rows)? How?

Thanks!!

Yes, both list filters and search form work for that, but my list and form are complex (you can see the list query in a post of yesterday, even load the form is slow), and therefore so slow that they are unworkable. So I need to do simpler queries other than the list query (super complex with all its joins). The idea you gave me of the mysql view (see that post) does not work. When putting concat fields they only include texts and filters cannot be done correctly.

I would like to make optimized queries, with the result of them loading the ids in a «simple list» and from there in the buttons put custom links to the complex form. So I avoid the super query (with too complex joins that that multiply records exponentially)

Although maybe I'm wrong and I don't understand it well

Thank you very much

Last edited:
One question , would there be a problem if the number of ids it returns is very high (for example, 15,000 records)?

Thanks

Storing that amount of data in session variables, you will very likely consume a large amount of server resources and maybe even hit memory limits.

I really recommend you to check my suggestions from the other thread.

Otherwise you will be building a monster which will be unnecessarily complex and hard to maintain. If the app you are building is critical in any way, I really recommend you to get some help.

Here they are:

1) Are the tables/elements created by Fabrik, so are all the index'is of the elements in the database existing? Missing index'is can slow things down a lot.
2) If there are some groups that you do not need to display, set "Show in form/details" option to "No" in group settings.
3) Are there a lots of calc elements calculated on the fly, that means with "Only calc on save" set to "No".
4) Is your server reasonably fast. E.g. testing in local PC with XAMPP/WAMP server can have several times longer loading times than a proper and fast server.
5) Check the loading times on different components/files in browser console's Network tab. Maybe you can get some hint from there what is slowing things down.

Thanks!!!

1) Are the tables/elements created by Fabrik, so are all the index'is of the elements in the database existing? Missing index'is can slow things down a lot.

The tables/elements aren't created by Fabrik but I added the index manually

If there are some groups that you do not need to display, set "Show in form/details" option to "No" in group

I need display all groups

Are there a lots of calc elements calculated on the fly, that means with "Only calc on save" set to "No".

I only have one calc element

4) Is your server reasonably fast. E.g. testing in local PC with XAMPP/WAMP server can have several times longer loading times than a proper and fast server.

I have only tried it on localhost, I still don't have a server

Check the loading times on different components/files in browser console's Network tab. Maybe you can get some hint from there what is slowing things down

I have checked it with console's Network tab and all times are acceptable except TTFB time.

Thanks

I bet the localhost is the keyword here. I remember a case from times when I also developed on local pc. I was struggling with a list loading time which had a couple of joins and a few calc elements calculated on the fly. Loading time was almost 30 secs, but after transferring the site to a proper server, it dropped to about 6 seconds.

I'm not saying 100% that this is your only problem, but I'm quite sure it affects the most.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back