Forbidden,you dont have access!!!!

gstyles

Good day, I have just started to update a joomla 2.5 to 3.2.1 on a test site. First i installed joomla via fantastico and got errors with Fabrik,updated to latest git version,the same.Deleted the lot and installed the conventional way,installed Fabrik and when I try to do anything in options in the control panel I get:-
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
There are no file permissions/ownership problems on the server and all other joomla functions work perfectly?
Anybody else have this?
This is purely a test site on the same server as the original site with fabrik working perfectly in J2.5 as such I can give admin access if necessary.
Thanks G W Styles.

Sorry No i've not seen that - for me that type of error occurs either with server permissions or .htaccess set up - did you check the htaccess file to see if there's anything odd there?

Hi Rob,thanks for the response, Yes i did check .htaccess (disabled it) and had my host check to see if there were any permission problems which there were not. I gave up the update for the moment and thought I would wait for a stable release of Fabrik and try again later.Cheers GWS

This looks like a Joomla issue rather than a Fabrik issues as you are getting a 404 on the Joomla Administrator router administrator/index.php.

Hi Sophist,Hugh,Rob I have just recreated the test site with a vanilla install of both joomla and fabrik.I can see no errors anywhere except when I try to use options in fabrik. If any of you would like admin access I will provide it so you may see for yourselves. Cheers GWS

Sure, put the details in your My Sites list, I'll take a look. Although to make sense of it, I'd probably need ftp or ssh access as well, so I can check permissions, look in error logs, etc.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back