Form Confirmation Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

keianrad

Re-edit in the form confirmation plugin doesn't work. when I click on re-edit button in validation page to re-edit data before final submission, a new form shows without the entered data!

Is there any configuration for that?

To be honest I haven't used the confirmation plugin in years, and I know it had some issues.

I'll try and find some time to look, but as it's not a "core" plugin, support is somewhat limited.

-- hugh

How long does it take and how much does it cost? :)

Is there any other solution for validating data before final submission?

It should work, the problems we had were with certain element types. I'll take a look as soon as I gave a few minutes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Also it has some other issues, Javascript doesn't work in the validation page and it shows all the elements and groups that has been hidden.

I used it for the "assessment" form in my website, if you need to look at that.

Last edited:
How long does it take and how much does it cost? :)

Well, that's ind of the problem. I don't know. It seems that the issue is because of the JS load events. The value of the dropdown joins are arrays, instead of strings, so when we do ...

this.get('value').toFloat() < 91

... in the load event, it blows up, thus short circuiting the JS that sets up the rest of the confirmation plugin.

Figuring out why that value is an array not a string when the confirmation view is created could take 10 minutes, it could take 2 days. I'll set up a test here and see if it's anything obvious.

Is there any other solution for validating data before final submission?

Not really, no.

-- hugh

OK, I've figured out what's going on ... which so far has taken right at 2 hours ...

Now the hard part is figuring out the fix.

-- hugh

Thank you for that. It's my pleasure to contribute, tell me how.

I updated it but it doesn't change. I updated according to the "Update from GitHub" instruction in Wiki.

I tested, and the confirmation page is now loading with no errors, and the "Re-edit" button is now working ... but when the form reloads for edit, it has lost it's data.

I'm trying to duplicate / fix that here now.

-- hugh

Great. There is only one issue on that yet that is related to JavaScript.
The hidden groups' titles are showing in the validation page, it seems JavaScript only affects on the hidden groups' elements in the validation page.
aaaaaa.jpg

And also JS doesn't work for a hidden element, it is not in a hidden group and it should be show it only if JS condition is true in dropdown database join.

aaaaaa.jpg

Last edited:
If you load an existing row as a details view, do you get the same issue? Or is only on the confirmation page?

-- hugh

In the confirmation page, only the elements in hide groups are hidden and all other hide elements are appeared.

In details view, all the elements are appeared including hide groups and elements.

Untitled.png

The hide elements and groups are hidden by JS and can be appeared according to the other elements selections. They are not hidden by default.

I just looked at a couple of details views, and they look OK to me ... the right groups and elements are showing / not showing ...

keianrad.png

ke2.png

Are you sure you cleared your browser cache, so you picked up the new JS files from the github update?

-- hugh

Thank you, it is working perfect. I forget to clean my browsers' cache. :D

Don't forget that I am ready to contribute. ;)

There one more issue, The confirmation plugin doesn't work with the Captcha element. :(
Error: "No g-recaptcha-response!" and "The Captcha validation failed. Please prove you are not a robot!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back