Form element becomes a parent element

railer

I have a form I'm creating elements for. I've done 49 elements. I just made two more and each are now "parent elements" with a little "file-tree" icon next to their element names. I haven't created any child elements under either. Why is this happening and how do I fix it. Note that clicking "Save & New" when done with the element is causing Joomla to logout and direct me to the Home page. Yes, the element is there when logging in again. But it strangely has become a "parent" element with "0" (zero) as its ID number.

Last edited:
It's 3.7. Not from Github. Here's the situation... It's a Joomla Multisite running off a master site where Joomla (and Fabrik 3.7) is installed. By mistake, I set up the Form/Group/Elements on the master. When I realized my mistake instead of one of the slave sites ? which has its own database ? I exported the Fabrik tables from the parent and imported it into the slave database in phpMyAdmin.

_fabrik_elements
_fabrik_formgroup
_fabrik_forms
_fabrik_groups

It seemed to work fine. I even was able to do a csv import of data into the admin list view. But now I have this problem when attempting to add new elements to the group. Perhaps you can think of something I forgot to import, or something I need to edit to fix this?

If you have multiple lists linked to the same table every new element will create child elements in any of the other lists.
I exported the Fabrik tables from the parent and imported it into the slave database in phpMyAdmin
Did you also import fabrik_connections? Then your slave Fabrik stuff is pointing to the master DB as long as you didn't open and resave the Fabrik connection to point it to the correct DB.
Import: the complete tables or adding records to the existing tables?

A good question. No, I did not import the connections. And as for what I imported, adding records.
JMS Multisite can work several different ways with respect to databases. Either completely separate databases, or a shared database with each slave site having it's own set of tables with a different db prefix to keep them separate. In my case, each site has its own unique prefix. It's a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea.
As for my problem, I exported the elements table for that site and modified the ID numbers, changing them from "0" to their proper numbers in sequence. I noticed that the user id associated with the ones I imported was different than the new elements I was trying to create, so I changed them all to the user ID of the newly created elements ? the id from the Slave site user. No more parent icon next to the element. Need to do more checking.

Last edited:
OK, yeah, sorry - you are way out of the zone of Community support. I've never tried using JMS Multisite, and as soon as you start copying our metadata tables around and modifying ids, all bets are off.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. Yeah, my fault for being lazy not wanting to remake all of the elements again. Must be some kind of a relational thing. Making new ones is still kicking me out of the admin area (not logging me out). So I guess I'll have to remake them all.

Yup. If I had any clue what was going on, I'd give you some hints to try. But I literally have no clue what may have broken. And once our metadata is broken, it's very difficult to recover. After 10 years, our code is pretty solid if you stick within our UI, and operate on the "normal" J! local database, and it's very, very rare that our metadata gets its undies in a bundle. But once you step outside that envelope ...

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh!
Yup, to sum up, I uninstalled Fabrik, and then re-installed it, master site first, then slave site. There was an issue with the 3.7 Kitchen Sink version's xml file, mentioned here. But once that was repaired, it installed fine. Then I remade the (many, many) elements from scratch. Works now. No funky shit going on.

Thanks for the input and sorry to have wasted your time.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back