Form for data entry vs details views when clicking mag glass

Dja

>Once I edit and save a form configuration in the back end, whenever I click on an item in a table, I no longer get the nice looking record details view. Instead, I get a form version for new record submission (when clicking on mag glass). [solved by changing ?Form processing/Record in Database? to ?Yes? in form config which is odd]

>Its odd that you could even add a record if record in database was set to "no", is that something you turned off at some previous point? In general 99.9% of the time "record in db" should be on. The only real use case for not having it on, is when you create a search form which is used to filter results in another list.

I don't allow data entry/edit anywhere in these tables, which is why I had forms "record in database = No". Data is pulled from several other data collection platforms, consolidated, processed and analyzed on my local machine with Igor Pro, and then uploaded to special MySQL tables in the Joomla db. I use Fabrik to display data and provide an interface for navigation, parsing and download only. The forms view is great for me because it basically provides a very clean full record display for a list item detail view. I will later have a couple of sections where editing will be allowed, but not at the moment.

The setting Record in Database=no is only for forms like a search form with really no underlying DB table.
If you want to prevent your table/list from being modified set list access settings: add/ edit/delete records = nobody

There's no official method to reset your form to record in DB but you can do it with e.g. phpMyAdmin:
In #_fabkrik_forms edit the record with your form id and set the column to 1

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Dja
Yes, a nobody access level should really be included inJoomla, it's one of the first things I am doing in new installations.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

With reagrds to the "Record in Database" thing ... be a bit careful about changing the param through directly editing the metadata, and best to do a full database backup first. I've seen some "weird things" happen when people have done this before. It kind of depends on whether you intially set the form up with this set to Yes or No, as there are several other params which will / won't have been set.

Bottom line, if you originally had it set to "Yes", and specified a table name ... or if you created your list/form by creating a new List rather than creating a new Form (which will have automatically set that option to Yes) .... and then you changed it to No ... it should be safe to go in and reset it the way Troester mentioned.

However, if you originally created a new Form and set it to No from the start ... things would go wobbly if you then set it directly in the metadata.

But I think from your description of the issue, you must have originally had it set to Yes, otherwise there wouldn't be any kind of list associated with the form.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back