Form php scripts recovery

heero

Hi all

Yesterday Fabrik form php plugin lost all my custom php code. My 2 month development 7-8 custom scripts, all gone. Is there a way to recover it? Where Fabrik stores code data?

Marek

I think that the settings for all form plugins are stored in params in the #__fabrik_forms table in your Joomla database.

If they are no longer appearing in Fabrik, they are probably not in the database either. So I suggest you probably need to recover your database from backup. :-(

That is better than the data having been deleted. :)

According to GitHub, form php plug-in has not been changed for a couple of months. Are you on the latest F3.1b GitHub?

Ah - you have posted in the wrong forum then as this forum is for Fabrik 3.1 beta (usually on Joomla 3.x).

I don't have a problem with form php after updating to J!2.5.13.
Did you clear all Joomla and browser cache?
What do you mean with "but fabrik dose not show it. " - php plugin doesn't open? the code field is empty?

Also, are you seeing any JS errors when you load the form settings?

Those plugin settings are loaded via AJAX calls during page load, so if there are any JS errors on the form, that can short circuit the loading of the plugin params.

Re:

My 2 month development 7-8 custom scripts, all gone. Is there a way to recover it?

We store everything in our database tables, unless you specifically opt to use a file in those cases where we give you the option to either use a file, or inline code.

So ... make sure you back up your database regularly, and (equally importantly) keep at least some historical backups. In other words, don't just maintain a single nightly backup. Keep a weekly backup, and a monthly backup. That way, if something horrible does happen and you lost a bunch of work, and didn't notice till the next day, such that your nightly backup got overwritten ... you can recover it from your weekly / monthly backup.

-- hugh

no JS errors. Form looks like form with no custom scrips.

I opened SQL database form file, all script is there only form dose not show it. I was coping the script from SQL database and managed to recover my code.

Why this happened is still mystery.

Yes code is restored. Code was still in SQL database.

What I mean by loosing code ad do not see code on form generation window is. If you open fabrik Form and plugin php then there is only Add button. All the buttons php and codes under it are gone.

I suspect that the problem was in one code that contains HTML. Code generates from HTML pdf file and sends it to email. Also tags are used there. I think if the HTML is too complicated then my mentioned problem happens. HTML is generated from excel file (saved as html). This problem has already happened twice, but for final conclusion more investigation has to be done.

Why i used HTML in php code is the reason that only then tags {} are working. I did test linking html file to php code but tags didn't work then.

marek

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back