Form sumbission template not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldan

hi,

the selection of PHP/HTML template in the email plugin of a form is not working. Doesn't matter what I choose in the popup, it arrives in my email with the generic template.

thanks
alex

thanks! works great

now another suggestion... when the form is submitted a popup shows with the message "Form Saved"... which doesn't make any sense for a visitor leaving a comment.

Wouldn't that be better (if possible) for the Success Message under Form Processing in the "edit form" to take precedence and display in the popup? btw, right now, that message doesn't show anywhere, and I think adding a redirect is a bit of a overkill for a simple contact form

thanks
alex

the form saved is a default thing - you can override it by adding a redirect plugin to the form I think. There you can enter a custom message.
The custom message should show as a pop up message instead of the form saved message.

that would be great if it would work... but it doesn't :) I've tried all the combinations between filling in a jump page and a message. Actually, the presence of the redirect plugin screws up everything- it says "Form saved" but it is not in the database, and is not emailing (the email plugin is not working)

I think there are some problems with validation also, I have the email validating as "isemail" but I can type whatever in that field

thanks
alex

hmm... there are other weird things going on... maybe not related with the jump plugin.
- when i enter the web page with the form it says "Some parts of your form have not been correctly filled in", like it's trying to post it directly
- the email plugin is still not working, although I deleted the redirect plugin...
- nothing is recorded in the database
- maybe it's time for a restart... definitely more coffee...

theres an outstanding issue with that notice not being cleared correctly from the session , which might be confusing you

yes... restarting helped the notice, and also the email plugin
should I restart and try again the redirect plugin? :)

nope, it doesn't jump, it doesn't pop, it doesn't email, but it does save it in the database...

(I guess I was thinking of this quote: "Have to fly, have to fight, have to crow, have to save Maggie, have to save Jack, Hook is back"...:))

thanks
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back