Form Tabs Save Button in Multi-group Form

After creating a multi-group form I see that a "Save" button is displayed on each group Tab .
There are no navigation buttons to jump to the next or to the previous tab.
When entering data in a group tab... you must select the next tab yourself after completing the fields in the group but you also have to make sure not to hit the save button. Hitting the save button records an incomplete record if the other tabs have not been completed. I only want the user to be able to save and create a record once all of the Groups / tabs have been completed by disabling the "Save" Button until each tab has been populated.

I would like it to have navigation buttons instead of the Save Button so that the user can click after completing the fields within the group and move to the next group of fields. I would also like the tab that was just completed to be marked with a check or a change of color to indicate that fields have already been entered and/or if there are fields not completed/in error within a group tab. The "Save" or "Submit" button to be only displayed after each group has been populated.

How could this be accomplished?

Last edited:
See the "Pagination - multi page forms" in the group options. Should do exactly what you need.

Note that this isn't compatible with the tabbed template, so you'll need to switch back to the normal bootstrap template.

Also note, there's a "save partially complete forms" option in the form settings as well, which comes in to play once you are using this multipage feature. If enabled, we save partially completed forms (where someone has hit "next page" but never submitted the completed form) in a session table, and will re-fill the form if they visit again.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
Thank you... I set it to do that... and set the partially updated record Seems to work okay but would still like to have one button one touch navigation to next tab.. something I can create at group level? I used the Submit button and Apply button... but would like to disable save button until all fields have data in them...
So do not use Bootstrap tabs template... just the bootstrap?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "one button on touch". There's a "next" button, you touch it, it navigates. The "Save" button should be disabled until you reach the last page.

Correct, tabs is not compatible with multipage.

-- hugh

Thank you once again... With the bootstrap it goes through the pages and the submit button does not work until the last page... and it changed color when it was on the last page.
as usual your are always helpful!

Last edited:
Thanks for these answers Hugh. Problem, when I submit (SAVE) at the end of a four-page form, there are two new records added to the database (List View). Why?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back