Get only one copy of my e-mails sent by e-mail plugin list?

dranreb_38

Hi all
I use list email plugin to send a common mail to selected people from a list. It works well. The only thing is that I would like to get a copy (to admin) of the mail. If I add the admin email to the Email-to field, it sends me as much copies as the selected people.
Is there a hint to get only one ?
Thx
Dran

Depending how you are using the plugin, you may be able to set "Recipient Method" to "Single", so only one email goes out with all recipients on the To line, instead of an individual email to each one.

-- hugh

That's what I tried of course, nevertheless single mode works properly only if giving something like {#__xxxxx___mail} as recipient.
When I give {#__xxxxx___mail},admin@mymail.tld, mails are splitted by pairs, and admin receives as much copies as the number of selected people...
Dran

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.

I'd have to add a "remove duplicates" feature to the plugin to achieve what you want. And that'd have to be billable work.

-- hugh

I did a mistake when describing the behavior in my request. Using single mode doesn't group mails into one when several people are selected in the list and when using {#__xxxxx___mail} as recipient in Email-to box. In all cases, one mail is sent per selection, and that's the main issue. I suppose I had a misunderstanding of the simple mode mechanism (that only joins mails declared in one Email-to box, separated by a comma, not very useful in my case). I'm afraid that by construction, it will not be an easy matter to change this. I had a look on models/email.php, trying to hardwire admin-mail in cc field. No way for admin to get a single copy...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back