Git Update broke Element Validations - object Object

Hugh and Rob,

Per your subscribe page: fabrikar.com/subscribe
Forum Response Time: 3 Days (Excluding Weekends)

This thread was started 1 month ago on April 22.
On May 2, three weeks ago now, I was asked to post my FTP and Admin logins, which I did - the same day.

On May 2, I also suggested that I would give a donation to your site.

Hugh logged into my site on may 3 and left a message here, which I responded to within 2 minutes. This is the last time the account I made for you guys has been accessed - 20 days ago.

On May 8th, despite no comment about a donation I signed up for the Monthly subscription on your site as a means of supporting your work and in appreciation of your assistance.

Since then, Hugh has commented about not following up, giving the impression that he would, and I have bumped this thread 4 times since the 14th, 10 days ago.

I WANT TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR SERVICE.
But you are making it very difficult.

Can someone please take action on my issue, or tell me that no support is coming so I can take other steps to resolve my issue.

- Jeremy

My 2 cents of advice:
You have members on this site who are depending on Fabrik for their livelihood. Your subscription levels being monthly and promising fast turn around times in support is exactly the right thing to do. You need to take your promise seriously. Just as you depend on their monthly fees for your livelihood, many are depending on you to solve issues when they arise to maintain their good reputation and livelihood.
Your members are passing your promise of support on to others, telling them it will be resolved in 3 days. When you fail on your promise, they fail on theirs. You need to be a dependable asset to your members. Fabrik is free - your members are paying for your support and trusting that you will uphold your promise. By upholding your promise, you will gain great reviews and the trust and loyalty of your paying members.

Sorry about the delay. We're massively behind with support, due to Hugh basically being full time trying to keep the server up and running, and dealing with various glitches in the new site.
I've told him that if he replies saying he'll look then he really needs to. I'd left this thread to him as like yourself I was expecting him to follow through with this. I'll take a look now.

-Rob

At a guess I would say that you didn't update into the correct folder on your server, I see fabrik folders in / where as your site is located in /public_html

I've updated the site with the latest github files, and I edited the element which you said showed the error:

Edit: Just realized that this error is different and gives some info "Fatal error: Call to a member function getJForm() on a non-object in /home/carladyu/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/plugin.php on line 40"

and for me I do not see the error and I see 'notempty' as the element title rather than "[object - object] " which was from your first screen grab

So I believe everything is ok now - could you confirm that is the case?

-Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting on this.

The folder mess is due to a helper I'm working with - the written instructions to restore from backup went badly and I haven't cleaned up yet, but nothing should have fallen into public_html.

As for the site - you got my hopes up, but checking a few elements, I fount the error on the first 2 I checked. I've attached screenshots2Administration - Fabrik-edit element 2013-05-23 18-35-06.pngAdministration - Fabrik-edit element 2013-05-23 18-32-45.png.

So for me the error remains.

Can you take a closer look?
I've run a backup and stored locally, so do whatever you need to.

Thanks,

Jeremy

oups, should be ok now. I've updated your site and re-tested a couple of elements which are showing the validations as expected.

oups, should be ok now. I've updated your site and re-tested a couple of elements which are showing the validations as expected.

for you site (and 'm guessing its a PHP version thing) the validations were being returned as objects and not as arrays.
I had experienced a similar issue with the 3.1 code on someone else's site and thus back ported the fix in 3.1 to 3.0 - which was to explicitly cast the validation to an array

Is it to do with there being gaps in the numeric array indeces?

I remember having this problem a while back, with some other repeated param. When you json_encode()/decode(), and have a numeric array which is not sequentially numbered, it'll end up as an object instead of an array.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back