Administrator
Staff member
I have a kml file (exported from Google MyMaps), stored on my server
How do I get it on my Googlemap viz?

Is it working at all?
The "Use overlays" tooltip says: Should the map use the overlays listed below
but there's no "below", only the next tab "Overlay URLs"

Cool.

Yeah, it wasn't obvious to me when I first coded this up that the URL has to be accessible to Google's servers, rather than just the browser.

-- hugh

Coming back to this:

Is it possible to add some options per kml overlay?
At the moment the google map is always centered/zoomed on the last overlay, ignoring the maps center and zoom setting (which may or may not be the desired behaviour).

I assume this is because Fabrik doesn't set any options and the default seems to be
preserveViewport:false

Additionally there's an option
suppressInfoWindows:true
which prevents the layer to be clickable. It would be nice to have this possibility so you can e.g. colour regions without any popups if the user is clicking around (Googlemaps API is ignoring BallonStyle settings so it can't be switched off per object /placemark).

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorials/kml#creating_the_kmllayer

Hi just for a note : what an amazing possibilities with the Fabrik GoogleMap viz! It is very nice, thank you Fabrik Team! I can display spatial Postgres data with GeoRss overlays, "near" my Fabrik data!
So, as possibilities are importants, we want always more, arf ... Just to say I am also interested by add some options in overlays. I have some questions in this direction, but I just wait for the moment, and follow this thread.

Sure, those options could be added. As usual it's just a question of time. Most likely ways it'll happen is if I have a pet project that needs those features, or someone funds the work to add them.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back