Googlemap Viz with list

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdiamond

The googlemap viz is working for the basic functions, like showing many datapoints. I have a few questions, and if it is preferred I can make a new post for each question.

1. The filters are not working in the viz the same way they are working on the list (they work perfectly on the list)
    • The date pickers will not appear. I have to click and type over the date to make date range filter changes
    • I have a client field (databasejoin to client table) that is not working at all. Enter something and go, and the entered data disappears. It's set as autocomplete and works fine in the list view.
  2. What is needed to add a list next to the viz map? I have a great map, but have to hover or click on each point to see what I am dealing with
  3. I am hoping for a visual and list workbench to filter data, click on a row and have it highlight on the map, etc.. Any suggestions welcome
  4. I track appointments and people to work those appointments. Is it possible to have a view of both on the same map? Points on the map for all appointments, and also different icon for all the locations of my people? Both lists would be filterable, preferably. Any suggestions welcome, or we can discuss any custom work needed to get going in the right direction.
Thank in advance.

2:
To have multiple lists and the viz on one page create a Joomla article and use the Fabrik content plugin to display what you need.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/content-plugin/
4:
Inside the viz you can define multiple lists and use different icons per list.
1:
Date range filter with datepicker is working on my googlemap viz. What is your Joomla template? Can you see JS errors?

Thanks - looking into the content plugin now. It is not available in the download area. Could you point me in the right direction?

On the datepicker in the viz I am seeing some javascript errors. Newbie here, so please let me know the most appropriate way to get this across. Here is a copy paste:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getForm' of undefined inlineedit-min.js:1Class.initialize inlineedit-min.js:1(anonymous function) mootools-more.js:27e.extend.$owner mootools-core.js:38(anonymous function) mootools-core.js:37(anonymous function) mapper?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0:363i.execCb require.js:29$.check require.js:18(anonymous function) require.js:23(anonymous function) require.js:8(anonymous function) require.js:23v require.js:7$.emit require.js:23$.check require.js:19$.enable require.js:23$.init require.js:17E require.js:14i.completeLoad require.js:28i.onScriptLoad require.js:29
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function googlemap-min.js:1(anonymous function) googlemap-min.js:1(anonymous function) mootools-core.js:5Array.implement.each mootools-core.js:9Class.renderGroupedSideBar googlemap-min.js:1e.extend.$owner mootools-core.js:38Class.addIcons googlemap-min.js:1e.extend.$owner mootools-core.js:38Class.iniGMap googlemap-min.js:1e.extend.$owner mootools-core.js:38(anonymous function) googlemap-min.js:1Fabrik.mapCb fabrik-min.js:1(anonymous function) VM5193:1(anonymous function) main.js:13(anonymous function) main.js:26If main.js:24$f main.js:26(anonymous function) main.js:58google.maps.Load js?&sensor=true&callback=Fabrik.mapCb:21(anonymous function) main.js:57(anonymous function)

Note that after I removed the inline edit plug-in from my source list, the date pickers seem to be working now. The autocomplete filter field is still throwing an error.

It appears to start with this js error: autocomplete didn't find input element

Content plugin should be installed with the Fabrik core version. Maybe it has to be enabled (Extensions/PluginManager).

That was correct - it needed to be enabled. I added the two into an article, the Viz, and the list that the viz uses.

The two seem to be operating independently. If I filter one, the other doesn't change. It there a way to have the viz show the map and it's data and have them connected/filtered together?

Nope. We actually go to great lengths to do exactly the opposite, in fact. Each plugin uses a separate context, to keep filters separate, otherwise really nasty interactions between different instances of lists and viz's on the same page arise.

That's why we have the "Use filters" option on the map viz, so you can filter it there.

-- hugh

I didn't try but maybe you can create a search form with redirect plugin and activate "use as search data" or setup the redirect url to the article including list filtering via URL params.

The list and the viz (pointing to this list) are using the same element names so this could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back