Groups Integrations - Mailchimp Form Plugin

tiagovareta

Hi,

I have a contact registration form, where I have the Mailchimp Plugin installed.
The idea is to integrate the contacts (fabrik) and mailchimp.

In the mailchimp I have:
List: Teste Plugin Mailchimp
Gruop: Inscritos
Sub-Groups: 1, 2, 3, 4

In the supporting documentation, we have the suggestion:
[{"id":"1","groups":"{user_extended___plan_id}"}] or [{"name":"Subscribers","groups":"Silver"}]

I can not understand the logic, so I can synchronize the contact with the mailchimp groups.
Can anyone help me?

The Mailchimp API has changed since that plugin was written. The plugin needs to be re-coded to work with the new API. It's on my list to do, although unless one or more people want to fund the work, I give give an ETA. There is someone else wanting to use Mailchimp groups, if you both need it urgently and want to split the cost of the development work. I can't remember the username offhand, but if you search the forums for Mailchimp you should find the thread.

-- hugh

The Mailchimp API has changed since that plugin was written. The plugin needs to be re-coded to work with the new API. It's on my list to do, although unless one or more people want to fund the work, I give give an ETA. There is someone else wanting to use Mailchimp groups, if you both need it urgently and want to split the cost of the development work. I can't remember the username offhand, but if you search the forums for Mailchimp you should find the thread.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,

Do you have any plans to update the plugin?
I would like to make the following suggestions:
- Have a good integration with the MailChimp Groups;
- Have the possibility to synchronize more fields (custom fields that can be chosen, such as email, name and surname).

These changes would be great, so you can use the integration in full!

He also said that we can finance the project, is that it? How much?

I haven't done a full estimation of the work. Probably 3 or 4 hours. If we can find 2 or 3 people, we can get it down to about $100 each.

-- hugh

I haven't done a full estimation of the work. Probably 3 or 4 hours. If we can find 2 or 3 people, we can get it down to about $100 each.

-- hugh

Well, $ 100 is a bit high for only 1 person to bear (at least I do). If there are more people to distribute the value, it will be excellent ...
Alone I can help with monthly subscriptions, which I already had ...

Relamente is a Plugin that should have some search ...

I understand, but the same is true from my perspective - half a day or more of work is a bit high for me to write code which only a tiny handful of people will use.

-- hugh

In the supporting documentation, we have the suggestion:
[{"id":"1","groups":"{user_extended___plan_id}"}] or [{"name":"Subscribers","groups":"Silver"}]

I can not understand the logic, so I can synchronize the contact with the mailchimp groups.
Can anyone help me?

I managed to get that to work but with limitations. You can only update one group, not many. From lots of experimenting, it seems you cannot have more than one word in your group/sub group name. The names need to be identical to what they are in MailChimp.

For instance, I have a Group 'Prospect' with sub groups, i.e., 'Lead', etc. So All I fill into that text area for the groups is:

[{"name":"Prospect","groups":"Lead"}]

It works... I have it on a few sites.

Hi, "someone else" here.

Can we find more people? GoFundMe? :p

As a South African, even $50 is steep!

Hi JackGoa!

I'm interested too! I do not know if it will be necessary to create the fundraising campaign, would not it be better to create a topic here in the forum?
Are you willing to give $ 50 ??

I managed to get that to work but with limitations. You can only update one group, not many. From lots of experimenting, it seems you cannot have more than one word in your group/sub group name. The names need to be identical to what they are in MailChimp.

For instance, I have a Group 'Prospect' with sub groups, i.e., 'Lead', etc. So All I fill into that text area for the groups is:

[{"name":"Prospect","groups":"Lead"}]

It works... I have it on a few sites.

Hi JackGoa,

Did you get the integration working? Are there any examples you can share?

It's exactly as I mentioned earlier. You must of course have the API key and the list ID. User confirmation and all that is up to you, but to be sure MailChimp does not suspend your account at a later stage and then having to re-confirm your whole list, I would suggest switching it on. I'm in the process of doing that on all my sites now.

Hi,

For plugin operation as intended, you needed to synchronize 4 fields with Mailchimp.

I have already managed to create the fields, but only pass values if the field in the Fabrik field type! 2 of the 4 fields are of type "Field" and passes well, the other 2 are "DataBaseJoin and Tags" and these do not pass the value.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get through these two types of field?

I don't think you're going to be able to do advanced stuff like that until the plugin is updated.

I only pass name and email and my group i want to update, which is a checkbox element in Fabrik.

Screenshot attached.

I've tried using multiple select dropdowns, , tried sending more than one field, etc etc, nothing works. This is the only way I could get it to work and simply had to plan my campaigns around it.

Attachments

• a_screenshot_260.jpg
    a_screenshot_260.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 43
When I get back from my UK trip (I'm visiting family here for a couple of weeks) I'll look at what it'll take to update the plugin for the new version of the API.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back