hiding columns on lists dynamically (responsively) as the width narrows

skyrun

possible now? if not, please consider adding.

the responsive design features of 3.1.1 are GREAT already but can only go so far as the width gets narrower and narrower. have you thought of adding the ability to dynamically collapse lists? as the width narrows so that the table no longer can fit, the 'least important' elements (defined somehow) would disappear one by one (and of course could be viewed in detail or form format if required).

FYI, i just downloaded yootheme.com's new nano theme on their new warp 7 platform and it seems to be working very well with fabrik's responsive design so far. they have a cool little 'off canvas' slide in menu that appears automatically as your device narrows and makes your joomla site (and therefore your fabrik app) look alot like a mobile app... the capability above would be another step in this direction.

neato!

it does disappear as you say, however adding them on changes some other css also apparently. the formatting when the column is visible is now different than the other columns.

see http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/leads
the 'br' column.
this is a yoo template, but i switched over to protostar to test and it did the same thing.

but it's close!

actually... this function has been added (recently perhaps?) in a VERY clever way on the list under 'details->layout->bootstrap list classes' just add a list of elements that you want to be responsive there and choose the bootstrap class for each element (ie desktop). you can even switch from one element (a larger version) to another (a smaller version) as you scale down. very cool.

setting up the elements there and getting rid of visible-desktop in the css on the element did exactly what i had in mind.

i guess fabrik is so complete now there's stuff in there even rob doesn't know about??? or more likely, rob just added it already.

Reactions: rob
hehe I *thought* I'd added that but couldn't see it when I answered your post, thanks for replying back incase anyone else reads this post and gets misinformed by my original reply

Confused me a little as well, I went and looked at that stuff, thinking Rob may just have added it, and the code seemed to have been added a while back.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back