How can I calculate the sum of the joined values?

Balazs

Hello,

How can I add joined values? I not find this option in databasejoin plugin.

Best regards,
Balazs

You mean you want to be able to add new rows to the table to which your join element is joining?

Have you tried the "Add option in front end" setting on the join element?

http://screencast.com/t/DQwSO6k0

NOTE that the table you are joining to must have a Fabrik List built from it in order to be able to do this, otherwise there is no "form" for us to pop up.

-- hugh

I made a little imprecise. How can I calculate the sum of the joined values (e.g. 100+200+300=600). I created a new databasejoin element, and I listed company names in a bills table, and in the another element I need to show all cost which belong to listed companies.

e.g.

Companies
Company I (100$)
Company II (200$)
Company III (300$)

All cost
600$

I'm still unclear. Is the companies join in a repeated group, and you want to add totals from all repeats? Or is it a multiselect join (checkbox)?

-- hugh

I'll try summarize what I need.
I have a Companies table with this structure:
33p94km.jpg

I have bills forms:

29wa1at.jpg

I need a solution that if I add number 2 to the project field then the Companies field is showing the names of firms belonging to the number 2 (Canon, Borther, HP). If this is done, then the companies that I selected, display
the list view and an amount of the selected companies' cost add up, and then display in the All Cost field. (600)

1zouu51.png

I tried the cascadingdropdown and the databasejoin plugins, but has so far failed me.
How do I do that?

This should be possible with a databasejoin for the project, a cascading dropdown watching project for Companies and a calculation element for All Costs.
Which settings did you try so far?

Ok, this is my configuration.

Companies (cascadingdropdown):
281req1.png

2iqju48.png

In list view:

2qn8ghs.png

So if I add number two to project field then the companies and the All Cost show a good values from Companies table, but if I choose two value (Brother, HP) and I press the Save button thereafter values show duplicate and i see Canon (+price), but I was't marked on:

2hykjef.png

Can you answer my question?

Look under List settings, Data, Joins, at the bottom, "Display Data" ... even if you don't have any joins specified, I still need to know what this is showing as.

2015-02-25_1952.png

-- hugh

Can you please please please answer my question? What is the display mode set to for you Joins? Is it "Merge", or "Merge and reduce"?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back